Welding Classes - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northeast

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
hotrodtinker
Rock God

Member # 1559
Welding Classes

Hey guys! I'm looking at buying a MIG welder when I get back and would like to take some professional lessons somewhere. Anyone have personal experience with anyone in the general Schwenksville area (Philly/Allentown/etc is close enough for me)? I'm doin what research I can from over here but this internet sucks sooo.... Any help would be great! You guys rock!
Planned Mods:
- Engine swap and 1-ton axles!!!
hotrodtinker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #2
unsub
JKO Addict!

Member # 15065
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodtinker View Post
Hey guys! I'm looking at buying a MIG welder when I get back and would like to take some professional lessons somewhere. Anyone have personal experience with anyone in the general Schwenksville area (Philly/Allentown/etc is close enough for me)? I'm doin what research I can from over here but this internet sucks sooo.... Any help would be great! You guys rock!
We have Camden County Vo Tec school over here that has classes. See if there's one in PA. Took a class in snorkel installation a while back. Be safe see you when you get home.
unsub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
hotrodtinker
Rock God

Member # 1559
Sweet! Thanks! The community college near my house has a class available but I was hoping someone knew of somewhere that specialized in this kinda thing and had personal experience... Thanks again! Can't wait to get back and wheel with you guys again!
Planned Mods:
Old 11-14-2011, 06:24 AM   #4
Dancin Dan
Banned

Member # 3812
What Dave said. Most community colleges will have at least a beginner's course. Bottom line there is practice. Welding is an art, so you just gotta grab some scrap steel and stickin it together so you can progress your style.

I've been thinking about going the same thing, but I have no damned room at my place as it is!

You're home soon, right Tink?

I see a winter run on our calendar popping up real soon. Hopefully it'll be a nice snowy run
Dancin Dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
616fun
Granite Guru

Member # 18209
Garage
I'm currently enrolled in a beginner welding class at a local welding supply company. $300 for 20 hours of hands on training. Check with you local welding suppliers to see if they offer something similar.
616fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #6
hotrodtinker
Rock God

Member # 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
What Dave said. Most community colleges will have at least a beginner's course. Bottom line there is practice. Welding is an art, so you just gotta grab some scrap steel and stickin it together so you can progress your style.

I've been thinking about going the same thing, but I have no damned room at my place as it is!

You're home soon, right Tink?

I see a winter run on our calendar popping up real soon. Hopefully it'll be a nice snowy run
Fuck. YES! I can't WAIT to be home!!! It'll be sometime in January so it should be plenty cold and, hopefully, VERY snowy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 616fun View Post
I'm currently enrolled in a beginner welding class at a local welding supply company. $300 for 20 hours of hands on training. Check with you local welding suppliers to see if they offer something similar.
Hey! Get back to your own regional forum!!! Heh heh... JK... Yeah, that's what I'm tryin to find out but it's hard enough just getting on JKO where I'm at over here...
Planned Mods:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.