2012 PROGRAMMERS - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > JK Community > JK General Discussion

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
BDH
Wheeler

Member # 12172
2012 PROGRAMMERS

I have not seen any talk on here about 2012 programmers/tuners yet, anybody know if anybodys close to releasing one? This motor and tranny combo has been out a while in the Grand so some testing has to have already begun. When i talked to a master jeep mechanic he said these VVT motors have a lot of potential with just a good tuner, Like he said the Charger motor has 305hp, he said the motors the same just a diffrent program.
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
ShortBus
JKO Addict!

Member # 13114
At the moment, there aren't even any programmers out that are compatible with the 2011 ECM. From what I've read/been told, it's the same ECM for the 2012, too. They can't seem to get past the security features, which is why we haven't seen one for anything newer than a 2010. There's a long list of us waiting, my friend.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
MikekiM
Wheeler

Member # 15860
I have a place in that long, long list....
MikekiM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
oz97tj
JKO Addict!

Member # 3528
Not exactly a performance programmer, but I spoke with AEV last week and they said the ProCals were starting to ship this week for the '12s.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
BDH
Wheeler

Member # 12172
Programmers

The procal has some nice features, but I'm looking to unleash some more hidden power in the wrangler 3.6. Like I said the Dodge Charger has the same motor and is rated at 305HP

Hell I dont even have a 2012 yet:, as soon as some more performance upgrades come out I'm going to pull the trigger and order a new rubi and get rid of this gutless 2010.

Come on RIPP abd get the supercharger done for the 3.6.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
BrettDez
Granite Guru

Member # 15748
For just your standard tire size / TPMS programming features. The AEV procal already works just fine. The old AEV Procal I used on my 2007 continued to work just fine on my 2012.

As for a tuner like Superchips? I'd expect around a year's wait as the 2011s are still not released as pointed out.
"The Smurf": -Pic 1- -Pic 2- -Pic 3-
Previous Jeeps: -2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon- -2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon- -1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ-
BrettDez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
oz97tj
JKO Addict!

Member # 3528
I have a '12 and even with the 3.21 gears and 35s, it's still way more powerful than my 09 was. I'm ordering gears this week so will gain back power and then some there.

Eventually, when a performance programmer becomes available, I'll buy one but I wouldn't wait if thats all thats holding you back.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
radrubi
Granite Guru

Member # 9338
There is a Co. in So. Cal that has already pulled 312 hp, the kit is soon to be released for the 3.6, once there all done with videos an charts of the pulls on the dyno, this is a normal aspirated kit, (N/A),
radrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
peanut
Rock God

Member # 4440
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I have a '12 and even with the 3.21 gears and 35s, it's still way more powerful than my 09 was. I'm ordering gears this week so will gain back power and then some there.

Eventually, when a performance programmer becomes available, I'll buy one but I wouldn't wait if thats all thats holding you back.
You will have to buy a programmer to put new gears in a 2012 Just giving you a heads up.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
oz97tj
JKO Addict!

Member # 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
You will have to buy a programmer to put new gears in a 2012 Just giving you a heads up.
Yeah I know. Hence my post about speaking with AEV last week. lol Thanks though.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #11
BDH
Wheeler

Member # 12172
PROGRAMMERS

OZ97tj,

I have an 2010 that will hold me over till some of the other aftermarket parts come out for the 2012, I want to wait and see what the winter chill looks like in person before I order one.

I have test driven a 2012 for a weekend and ran (beat) it pretty hard, theres no doudt 2012 is a way better setup. I just think the 3.6 has a lot of extra power thats hidden and will take minimal things to unleash it
Old 10-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #12
BDH
Wheeler

Member # 12172
programmers

RADRUBI,

Whats the name of the company with this possiable kit coming out? Do you know what changes they did to get it?
Old 10-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
oz97tj
JKO Addict!

Member # 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDH View Post
OZ97tj,

I have an 2010 that will hold me over till some of the other aftermarket parts come out for the 2012, I want to wait and see what the winter chill looks like in person before I order one.

I have test driven a 2012 for a weekend and ran (beat) it pretty hard, theres no doudt 2012 is a way better setup. I just think the 3.6 has a lot of extra power thats hidden and will take minimal things to unleash it
I agree the motor has more potential. I was tempted to wait for to see the gecko color, but found one optioned how I wanted it in sahara tan so I bought it. Nothing wrong with waiting for the color you want.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
Jeep School
JKowners Vendor

Member # 4485
It is official--the AEV ProCal Module 1.5 is ready to ship! Having already slapped 37's on my 2012, I ordered mine today! Although technically not called a "performance" programmer, it does adjust your shift points based on your tire size, gears, etc, as well as correct your speedo, allow for higher winching idle, daytime running lights, etc. I have used these on all of my bigger JK's with great satisfaction. http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/
www.JeepTrailInfo.com -- downloadable maps & trailbooks
Youtube Channel
Jeep School is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
radrubi
Granite Guru

Member # 9338
Quote:
RADRUBI,

Whats the name of the company with this possiable kit coming out? Do you know what changes they did to get it?
Its not a procal type, were talking about a N/A kit, ie a intake that pulls perfect amount of AFR, A bolt on exhaust axle back system, an a zietronics piggyback system, thats a plug n play system, its not a chip or programmable device, I know they have been trying to become vendors here on JKO. As they are building a JKU Rubicon for SEMA, The company is Road Race Motorsports, there well know across the world to bring power out of OE vehicles, They build alot of vehicles for the OE, an also have been assisted by Chysler on this build, along with Warn, PSC, Rock Krawler, sPOD, Rigid LED, Toyo tires, Trail Ready Beadlocks, PRP seats, ICON shocks, Garvin Racks, Xtorm 4wd, Drake Offroad, Carbon Trix, Viair, etc. they are also devolpeing a real big brake kit, like a 4piston caliper setup,,
Old 10-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #16
radrubi
Granite Guru

Member # 9338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
It is official--the AEV ProCal Module 1.5 is ready to ship! Having already slapped 37's on my 2012, I ordered mine today! Although technically not called a "performance" programmer, it does adjust your shift points based on your tire size, gears, etc, as well as correct your speedo, allow for higher winching idle, daytime running lights, etc. I have used these on all of my bigger JK's with great satisfaction. http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/
Nena, give Randall Davis a call, he has driven Road Race Motorsports 2012 JKU, an his test drive was amazing,,,,
Old 10-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
09rubicon
JKO Addict!

Member # 6979
Rumor on the dodge forums is 2 companies have cracked the 11-12 codes for the ram trucks. Same encryption as the 11-12 wranglers!

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
09rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #18
d'sjk
JKO Addict!

Member # 5640
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
Rumor on the dodge forums is 2 companies have cracked the 11-12 codes for the ram trucks. Same encryption as the 11-12 wranglers!
This is true!!! Be on the look out for an announcement from a major company soon (e.t.a. 2 to 4 weeks)
d'sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #19
ShortBus
JKO Addict!

Member # 13114
I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #20
roxj
NEVER FORGET

Member # 17687
Quote:
I have not seen any talk on here about 2012 programmers/tuners yet, anybody know if anybodys close to releasing one? This motor and tranny combo has been out a while in the Grand so some testing has to have already begun. When i talked to a master jeep mechanic he said these VVT motors have a lot of potential with just a good tuner, Like he said the Charger motor has 305hp, he said the motors the same just a diffrent program.
I'm pretty sure the challengers etc. do have a different cam as well as the programming.
roxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #21
roxj
NEVER FORGET

Member # 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by d'sjk View Post
This is true!!! Be on the look out for an announcement from a major company soon (e.t.a. 2 to 4 weeks)
its 2-4 weeks later and no anouncments from any one who has supposedly cracked the ecu and developed a programer. what major company was supposed to make the big anouncement?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #22
ALASHA
F5 Champ

Member # 6694
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxj View Post
its 2-4 weeks later and no anouncments from any one who has supposedly cracked the ecu and developed a programer. what major company was supposed to make the big anouncement?
Diablosport
ALASHA is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #23
BrettDez
Granite Guru

Member # 15748
-AEV Procal already works for tire size, gear ratios, etc. etc.

-Superchips estimated a January release of their software update allowing the Flashpaq to work for 2012s.
"The Smurf": -Pic 1- -Pic 2- -Pic 3-
Previous Jeeps: -2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon- -2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon- -1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ-
BrettDez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #24
roxj
NEVER FORGET

Member # 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Diablosport
where is the info or media source for what they have coming down the pipe line?
Old 11-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #25
oz97tj
JKO Addict!

Member # 3528
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettDez View Post
-AEV Procal already works for tire size, gear ratios, etc. etc.

-Superchips estimated a January release of their software update allowing the Flashpaq to work for 2012s.
This is first I've heard of this. Is this supposed to be the same programmer for the 3.8 JKs or a whole new programmer. I have the one from my 09 so I better not sell it if it'll work on my 12.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.