JKOwners Forum banner

jeep yard 4bt conversion

98K views 484 replies 89 participants last post by  xplosivo1 
#1 ·
We call it the jeep yard dog. The diesel jk is here ! JK to cummins

#11 ·
good to see you back posting Jeff and crew :beer: I was happy to see pictures of you guys and "Goin Green" at this years Jeep Beach.

Jeff's Jeepyard and crew are top notch guys, I pass along a huge seal of approval from being a customer myself... and Jeff is just downright knowledgeable and legit. :beer::beer::beer::beer:

#26 ·
I going to help with some of the questions by quoting from the other thread to avoid repeat questions and to help get all the info into one thread on one great rig....:beer::beer:

Jeff's Jeep Yard, the pics on your site show a new custom dash. Are any/all of the JK electronics (ESP, ABS, etc.) still functional?
Hey, JKOwners This is Jason I am aftermarket accessories manager at Jeffs Jeepyard in Clearwater FL Our facility did the conversion of the 4bt in the JK we are so stoked on the feed back we,re hearing about this conversion.We are working hard on a complete conversion package for plug and play it will be availible very soon for the do-it-yourself guys and we will eventually have a disc for video of install ! although if somebody is interested in a conversion now it can be installed at our shop,we are very happy to hear the buzz hopefully this changes the jk platform for the good thanx Jason @ the jeepyard 26 plus mpg around town and 30 plus on highway depending on engine mods and gear ratio, also everything still functions through factory computer such as a/c,door locks, blinkers,interior lights anti lock brakes etc.
Any issues with getting it registered?
Florida does not have inspections NY is a problem and Califonia is working on an exemption for conversions from gas to diesel from what i heard i dont know how much truth there is in that but it did come from a reliable source
What transmission was used?
700 rapter stage 3, 4 speed overdrive

I think that covered it for now...hope this helps with the confusion I caused by hijacking another thread and introducing this rig....:homersimpson:

#20 ·
We are putting together a plug and play kit right now for a the do-it-your-selfers !It will be availible soon, will keep everybody posted .But as of right now we are doing swaps in the shop ! If anybody has any questions dont hesitate to give us a call 727 449 0800.It was nice to meet you Dennis hope when you get into town you can come by our facility

#31 ·
I love the Cummins engine anyway, and with that little 4 banger in a JK, WOW!!!!!!!!!
Great job guys, can't wait to see what is will cost for a kit to put one in.
Are you going to make it a tranny and engine kit or will it come with an adapter to bolt to the stock JK 6spd? This is just so awesome.

#36 · (Edited)
Here is another one from the other thread Jeff.

alright so here's the question Whats the 4bt going to cost us for the swap?
I'll add to that question and ask, are these crate motors or salvaged motors. Will the "Plug & Play" kit simply be everything needed except the motor and tranny. Lastly, (I saw the question but can't relocate it so I'll ask it again just in case is was missed.) what transfer case did you use and any issues with upgrading to the Atlas?

#39 ·
4bt swap price

Here is another one from the other thread Jeff.

I'll add to that question and ask, are these crate motors or salvaged motors. Will the "Plug & Play" kit simply be everything needed except the motor and tranny. Lastly, (I saw the question but can't relocate it so I'll ask it again just in case is was missed.) what transfer case did you use and any issues with upgrading to the Atlas?[/QUOTe

Price will vary on individual! Based on transmission and t case also performance upgrades for engine, we are going to offer a intercooler application and the list goes on and on there are six different harnesses that work with x models all the way up to rubi applications! I can tell you that it is less money then a hemi conversion with twice the torque and at a lower rpm with twice the fuel economy and the motor will still be running after we are 6 feet under very reliable does not make any heat starts every time and will go for 500,000 before a rebuild if taken care of properly and when it is time to rebuild you can by the whole master kit with sleves for 725.00 its really a no brainer.thanks for the ?s keep them coming jeepyard! Got to get back to sunday morning honey do's before i get in trouble!!

#40 ·
We will be offering a complete package with crate motor trans and all necessary components for install based on customers desired driveline . we can be a one stop shop or we can help the do-it-yourselfer thanx jeep yard! also we will be posting some video of hwy travel and an example of the low rpm torque curve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.