Future Off-Road Park in Shamokin, PA - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northeast

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
BumpInTheRoad
Rock God

Member # 9148
Future Off-Road Park in Shamokin, PA

Last weekend our club was invited to tour the future off-road park in Shamokin, PA. While they haven't gotten final approval and funding to start building, we were able to tour the property on an existing network of dirt roads left over from the mining days and created by locals camping, hunting and wheeling the area.

Here's a couple of videos done by other North Jersey Jeep Club members if you want an idea of what the place looks like now.

YouTube - North Jersey Jeep Club April 2011 Shamokin Club Ride Pt. 3

That's me in the second Jeep up the rock garden. Got about 90% through before I got my front diff hung on a rock, and dragged it back with me when I reversed to get by rear diff hung on another rock, the wound-up winching. The XJ behind me almost set fire to his rig, and the TJ next in line pretzled his tie rod, slammed back in the XJ behind him taking out the headlight, and finally fried his battery after making it to the top. Thank goodness this was the only obstacle of the day.

YouTube - NJJC Shamokin April 2011.mp4

We saw the master plan for the park and it's going to be amazing. 9,000 acres, lakes, ponds, world-famous geological features, fossil hunting, 4WD/ATV/motocross trails, equestrian trails, family and primitive camping. Still a ways off in the future but hopefully they'll start work this summer.
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
melcrim
Granite Guru

Member # 6862
Not only that but it's about 30 mins from Knoble's Amusment Park!!! Chicken & waffles, perrogies & clear birch beer!
melcrim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
priell3
Rock God

Member # 171
I've been following this for a while. I hope it goes through. It looks like it will have something for everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.