Can I add power locks and windows to my JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > JK Tech > Electrical & Lighting Tech Dept.

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Rubicon OIF 09
Granite Guru

Member # 7034
Garage
Can I add power locks and windows to my JK

If I wanted to go with full doors someday is it possible to add power locks and windows??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
JTG
Granite Guru

Member # 6331
Quadratec carries a bolt-in power window kit that works great, and is pretty easy to install.

If you want to do power locks, you'll be better off getting the OEM mopar power door latches instead of the generic power lock regulators. There's very little room in the doors for them, and the angles aren't great for connecting to the latch rods.
JTG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
JKrazed
Rock God

Member # 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Quadratec carries a bolt-in power window kit that works great, and is pretty easy to install.

If you want to do power locks, you'll be better off getting the OEM mopar power door latches instead of the generic power lock regulators. There's very little room in the doors for them, and the angles aren't great for connecting to the latch rods.
He has half doors now. If you buy or trade someone with full power doors, youll have to get the power harness and center console stack bezel with switch. The dealer will also have to flash your computer so that they will work.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
O2BDrty
Rock God

Member # 620
Have full and half doors. Bought the half doors went to jeep and bought the same harness and locking mechanism. All works the same. Added a switch to lock/unlock doors below the handle of the center console.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:29 AM   #5
Rubicon OIF 09
Granite Guru

Member # 7034
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKrazed View Post
He has half doors now. If you buy or trade someone with full power doors, youll have to get the power harness and center console stack bezel with switch. The dealer will also have to flash your computer so that they will work.
Thanks for the info. I just found a guy who wants to trade. Is the dealer gonna know how to do this? I have had some horrific experiences with them in the past. He will even trade the panel in the center console! I'll just need to buy the harness.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:34 AM   #6
O2BDrty
Rock God

Member # 620
I did all the work myself.. You should to. Its easy.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
Rubicon OIF 09
Granite Guru

Member # 7034
Garage
I'm definitely gonna do all the work myself! I just don't wanna walk into this blind. I already started calling some dealers and they don't have a clue what I'm trying to do. You would think that jeep dealerships would be used to us messing with our jeeps.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
chrisholm
Wheeler

Member # 6507
O2bdirty,

Did you modify so you have new electric remote key to lock/unlock as well, or only a switch inside?

I looked at this a while ago to add the full power group and there are a lot of pieces to swap.

Chris
chrisholm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
O2BDrty
Rock God

Member # 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisholm View Post
O2bdirty,

Did you modify so you have new electric remote key to lock/unlock as well, or only a switch inside?

I looked at this a while ago to add the full power group and there are a lot of pieces to swap.

Chris
I have an aftermarket remote in my jeep. Its a clifford. The switch I had put in because I would have done it wrong. Mine is a 2007. I'm not sure if the part numbers are the same. Check with mopar-wholesale.com They will be able to help with the harness for the doors. They are not all the same. If you can hold off until the end of Dec I can probably walk you thru it. Please PM me later if interested. Where do you live?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #10
chrisholm
Wheeler

Member # 6507
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BDrty View Post
I have an aftermarket remote in my jeep. Its a clifford. The switch I had put in because I would have done it wrong. Mine is a 2007. I'm not sure if the part numbers are the same. Check with mopar-wholesale.com They will be able to help with the harness for the doors. They are not all the same. If you can hold off until the end of Dec I can probably walk you thru it. Please PM me later if interested. Where do you live?
Thanks. I will check with them on the harnesses etc. I live in Los Angeles area.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #11
Rubicon OIF 09
Granite Guru

Member # 7034
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BDrty View Post
I will be getting the full doors with power locks and windows. I have a viper alarm with the lock/unlock option on the remote. I (think) all I will need is the wiring harness and bezel with the window switches. Does anyone know if the dealer can re-flash the computer to acknowledge the power door locks???
I live in the immediate Boston area.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:39 AM   #12
Rubicon OIF 09
Granite Guru

Member # 7034
Garage
Bump
Old 09-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #13
H3ATH3N
Rock God

Member # 5633
Any resolution on this? I am about to purchase some full doors with power windows/locks, and I would like to have the wiring done before I pick them up.

I would like to compile a parts list if at all possible. My specs at present:
2008 2dr JK
Factory Half Doors
Old 09-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
chrisholm
Wheeler

Member # 6507
I had manual door and windows, full doors on my 2 door. I successfully changed them to factory electric door locks and windows, using all factory parts. Not at all cheap, but it can be done. Took me the better part of a day to swap the factory dash harness and a couple hours to change each door.

I put an electric latch in the tailgate and ran wires, but have not hooked it up yet. I can explain why/what still needs to be done.

I have the list of all the parts somewhere.

This was for a 2009.

PM me with your phone number and I will call and explain what is involved.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
techtoys617

Member # 23591
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisholm View Post
I had manual door and windows, full doors on my 2 door. I successfully changed them to factory electric door locks and windows, using all factory parts. Not at all cheap, but it can be done. Took me the better part of a day to swap the factory dash harness and a couple hours to change each door.

I put an electric latch in the tailgate and ran wires, but have not hooked it up yet. I can explain why/what still needs to be done.

I have the list of all the parts somewhere.

This was for a 2009.

PM me with your phone number and I will call and explain what is involved.
I've been all over the internet and finally found this. Please tell me you have a parts list! Also, how did you get a dealer to reprogram the computer?
techtoys617 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.