JKOwners Forum banner

Nakid - With out a body! The Visible JK

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  OnlyInMyJeep 
#1 ·
Ever wonder whats hiding under the body of your JK? Ever wanted to see through your body.

Well here you go.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
That right there shows why you can't raise the fuel tank even with a body lift. Who is going to be the first to take a stock fuel tank, and section about 2" from the middle of it so they can tuck it up to frame level. :smokin: That idea keeps running through my head.

#16 ·
This is the first thought that crossed my mind also. Glad I haven't gotten around to pulling the tank yet to find this out.

Thanks for the pics Michael, you saved me alot of frustration.

#8 ·
This is an original JK. It ran the Rubicon near here. It participated in other trail rated activities at the Nevada Motor Vehicle Proving Grounds and Test Track. After it's life trail testing and etc. it was offered to Nth as a bed to build their JK lift kits from. However with one stipulation, the body was removed and destroyed as the shape and design was still in concept form.

I took the pictures just because you can see so much and have an idea of what might fit where when doing brainstorming. ;)

I sent an email off to GenRight asking them about a Safari tank for JK's and relocating the tank back to it's traditional TJ home. They said that they have been asked to not relocate the tank back to the middle of the vehicle and in between the frame rails because of crash test studies. Too bad, I'd love 31 gallon tank that is protected better and not only on one side of the JK.

#20 ·
Okay that explains it but even at 2-3 how long will it be before you got to cut things just to get it apart 5-6? I plan on keeping mine a lot longer than that and would like to know I don't need a torch just to pull bolts when working on something. We all know rust is exponential and the more surface rust you have the more you get and the quicker it turns to scale rust. I am not knocking the JK and you expect some rust and that one sitting exposed for a bit explains a lot. That said you would figure due to what a jeep is built for it would be a whole hell of a lot more rust and corrosion resistant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.