Installed Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > JK Tech > Modified JK Tech Dept.

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
Scott08X
Granite Guru

Member # 10520
Installed Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers

Just installed XRC front and rear bumpers. Install went very easy. I had read somestorries about holes not lining up but these were perfect. Everything bolted right up. Took me about 5 hours doing it by myself. Maybe their QC has gotten better. So far very happy with the looks and feel very solid. Now just need to pick up a winch this week and install the new side guards.

Scott08X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
bkw
Granite Guru

Member # 4991
I did my rear myself and I was very thankful that the holes all lined up. What I was not thankful of was the weight. Lifting the rear bumper with one hand and thigh while trying to get the bolts in on the side was something I'd rather not do again.

Keep an eye on rust. My front and rear are rusting at the welds.

Last edited by bkw; 08-09-2010 at 01:00 PM.
bkw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
cvjoint
Granite Guru

Member # 4069
Looks good but the winch install is going to be a bitch with the bumper mounted. I mounted my winch before I installed it on the bumper. Just get someone with little fingers to get the bolts on the winch started and you should be fine. And for the rear bumper. I ended up going with a body lift to get the rear bumper from hitting the rear corner of the passenger side tub. The body flexes when you hit bumps and the the two meet with a awfull noise. I adjusted it every way I could drilled bigger holes in the mounting points and this is the only thing that ended up solving the problem. I wanted a little more lift anyway.
JKS front adjustable track bar
Teraflex adjustable lower control arms
Teraflex steering stablizer
Rough Country 2.2 shocks
Spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers
BFG 315/70/17 All terrian's
MBRP light bar
KC slim driving lights
Rugged Ridge tail light guards
Rugged Ridge fuel door cover
Rugged Ridge wheels
Smittybuilt XRC 8 winch
Smittybuilt XRC front bumper
Smittybuilt XRC rear bumper/Tire carrier

Last edited by cvjoint; 08-09-2010 at 01:17 PM.
cvjoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #4
Scott08X
Granite Guru

Member # 10520
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
Looks good but the winch install is going to be a bitch with the bumper mounted. I mounted my winch before I installed it on the bumper. Just get someone with little fingers to get the bolts on the winch started and you should be fine. And for the rear bumper. I ended up going with a body lift to get the rear bumper from hitting the rear corner of the passenger side tub. The body flexes when you hit bumps and the the two meet with a awfull noise. I adjusted it every way I could drilled bigger holes in the mounting points and this is the only thing that ended up solving the problem. I wanted a little more lift anyway.
Do you have any rear pics with the body lift? That may be something I will look into. I looked at mine again and it is real close. Looks like its already bumped a few times since there is a chip now. Thanks for the info
Scott08X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
cvjoint
Granite Guru

Member # 4069
I don't have any up close pics but could get you some. Here is one without the body lift. Real close so close I put rubber there so it would not mess the paint on the tub. I went with a Rough Country body lift so it would not hit anymore.

Here is the only pic I have with the body lift installed. No more hitting and just gets the bumper away from the tub. I will have to get you a better pic but just imagine the rear bumper being away from the tub 1.25 with the Rough Country body lift.
JKS front adjustable track bar
Teraflex adjustable lower control arms
Teraflex steering stablizer
Rough Country 2.2 shocks
Spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers
BFG 315/70/17 All terrian's
MBRP light bar
KC slim driving lights
Rugged Ridge tail light guards
Rugged Ridge fuel door cover
Rugged Ridge wheels
Smittybuilt XRC 8 winch
Smittybuilt XRC front bumper
Smittybuilt XRC rear bumper/Tire carrier
cvjoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.