GENERAL GRABBER AT2 VS BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > JK Community > JK General Discussion

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
08XUnlimited
Wheeler

Member # 10504
GENERAL GRABBER AT2 VS BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO

What are everyone's views on the General Grabber AT2s and the BFG All Terrains, what should I get anybody know the pros and cons of each, etc.
08XUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
XJK07
Granite Guru

Member # 5432
I've never personally owned the BFGs so I can't speak about those. However I have owned the General AT2s and I can say that they are a great tire. I had a set of them on my last truck. I put probably 30K + miles on them before selling the truck with them and they still looked to have like-new tread. I never once got stuck with them, and they were quiet on the road. I know this might not help but I have read almost the same sort of review about the BFGs! I don't think you could go wrong with either tire. At the time I bought mine, Tirerack had the best deal. Hope this helps.
XJK07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
GPV

Member # 5620
I am a huge fan of the BFG AT's. But hard to argue with the price................
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
PO'BOY
Granite Guru

Member # 8886
i have the grabber's and they work great in the snow and on ice. the only time i even slid or spun a tire was when i made it happen. good road manors to. they have a very quiet ride and they self clean. no arguments here. as far as offroad performance i couldnt tell you i got deployed before i had a chance to try them out. hopefully i can let you know about that in about a month or so. goin home.
35in Maxxis Buckshot Mudders
8000 Tuff Brands winch
PO'BOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
07unlimitedx
JKO Addict!

Member # 2682
I've had BFG AT's... loved them and will get them again
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front/rear diff covers, ProComp rims, Nitto Terra Graplers, Truck Lite LED Headlights , S-Pod , K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, ARB front stubby bumper & ARB Rear bumper w/tire carrier, Chrysler hood lock, Rigid Industries 20" SR, Dually's & D2's, Tuffy Security Drawer, stereo cover and cubby cover, Viair 400C, RK 3.5" Flex, RCV front axels, ARB front & rear lockers, 4.56 G2 Gears, Warn M8000
07unlimitedx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
Jason @ Warrior
Rock God

Member # 1393
I just put the new Grabber (not the AT2) on our FJC, must say they seems pretty rad so far. Can't say much on the AT2, they looked good on the exhibit hall floor at the last show I was at.

Now the BFG AT...tried and true a great tire. They've been running that design since the days of horse drawn wagons for a reason! (This may be a slight exaggeration)
Old 07-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
d'sjk
JKO Addict!

Member # 5640
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ Warrior View Post
I just put the new Grabber (not the AT2) on our FJC, must say they seems pretty rad so far. Can't say much on the AT2, they looked good on the exhibit hall floor at the last show I was at.

Now the BFG AT...tried and true a great tire. They've been running that design since the days of horse drawn wagons for a reason! (This may be a slight exaggeration)
Sorry but I wasn't looking at the tires in their booth at the show...to destracted by long legs, nice boobs, and blonde hair.
d'sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2010, 03:46 AM   #8
pearl-drum-man
Lean, mean, drumming machine

Member # 5969
Garage
Had BFG A/T KOs on my TJ, a great all-around tire, especially if you live in an area that gets snow/ice in the winter.
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers
pearl-drum-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
08XUnlimited
Wheeler

Member # 10504
Quote:
Originally Posted by PO'BOY View Post
i have the grabber's and they work great in the snow and on ice. the only time i even slid or spun a tire was when i made it happen. good road manors to. they have a very quiet ride and they self clean. no arguments here. as far as offroad performance i couldnt tell you i got deployed before i had a chance to try them out. hopefully i can let you know about that in about a month or so. goin home.
Thanks man, and thanks for all you do.
08XUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.