JKOwners Forum banner

Mopar immortal jeep

11K views 37 replies 29 participants last post by  Joneszj 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Portal Axles, Hemi.......Hey Chrysler...until its available on a showroom, you haven't impressed me one bit....grow a pair and sell it. Guys have been building these for awhile.

Am I the only one that is starting to get rather annoyed with all the Mopar "Concepts" that show what Chrysler/Jeep "could" do, only to be let down year after year that they still won't give us a V8 or D60 option at the dealership?

#10 ·
They cannot offer that thanks to the EPA and Obama with his new MPG rules.
All auto manufacturers must have a average MPG for their whole line up.
The MPG is high and getting higher.

#11 ·
That guys a CPA...the only driving offroad he will be doing in the drivers seat of that thing...is in the parking lot or over an employee's car..

You always wait till the engine and RPM's are at there lowest after you start the jeep before racing the engine...

I totally agree with loki646..

I'm not impressed one bit.

Its green ewwwww ahhhhhhhh it has a Hemi...which corporation that has built a jeep...doesn't have one? Surprise me..with a diesel from Mopar..that has lots of power..not a Hemi..its been done...get over it!

"Its built for Moab"..bullshit...it has been bought not BUILT!

#12 ·
heres my deal with it...

go thru each and every profile on jko or the other site... you will not find a jk that is built like another... you know that the price tag on these will be thru the roof... most likely the same price as taking a stock jk and building it up... so if i was going to spend that kind of money i would much rather buy stock, and build it up exactly the way i would want it... IMHO production would be a not so good idea... just my .02

edit: after re-reading loki's post, i would be all about the ability to fully custom order a jk with what aftermarkets we would want... (d60, lift, etc etc...) but who wouldnt :D

#13 ·
I guess I will be the different one on this thread and say overall I liked it. If someone else built it other than Chrysler, I bet alot of you would have differing opinions. The point of these vehicles is to show what someone can do with one which leads to more sales of Jeeps.

#14 ·
Don't get me wrong, I liked the build for what it is. But touting about the Hemi is stupid....how long have we been running the Hemi conversions....since before the JK...I'm just saying (to chrysler, not that they'll read this); stop wasting your and more importantly, our time with these concepts that bare nothing new or have remotely nothing that you plan to carry over to production in the very near future.

Hell I'd be more impressed with a non lifted 2WD running a performance based Diesel that was committed to seeing production in the next 2 yrs vs yet another Hemi Convert running 40"+ tires yadda yadda yadda. Leave the Heavy modded stuff to the guys like Kenny @ RR or the guys @ RK with the Victim. Chrysler/Mopar/Fiat/whoever else owns them should be more concerned with the development and conceptualizing real production applications. Can I appreciate the Lower Forty or the Hurricane, hell F-in A I can appreciate them, but how much if any of those vehicles have we seen in production in the short period following their reveal? I'm just venting to the fact that its like you hire a guy to do oil changes and only oil changes, but time and time again he comes wanting a pat on the back for do a paint job while the thing still needs an oil change.

Maybe its just my bad mood due to a sore back and being stuck at work while the sun is out and it would be a perfect day to go to the beach in the Jeep.

#17 ·
The MOPAR underground guys were staying at our hotel in Moab and I got to see this thing every night.

The clearance on this thing was insane and one of my favorite JK's of the week! I never saw it on the trails (especially Pritchett) and the axle width was completely impractical for everywhere except Moab.

#18 ·
I thought, from what was said by the suit, that it was meant to show what using Mopar can do for your Jeep. I mean, we're still talking about the same company with half-door kits that are shown on the Mopar website but aren't available yet. The last time I was at the dealership I asked about the off-road bumper with the fog light cutouts and got a puzzled look. Last time I looked there were no flat fenders, D60's, 47" rubber or Hemi conversions being offered by Mopar. And if that is the lift kit they do offer...... 3.5" never looked better. Like what's been said before in this thread.... It's been done, either offer it or stfu!!

#24 ·
Who made the armor? And what rear bumper is that? Is it all a custom job? Someone has to have some more info about these items. As far as the width...damn thats impractical. Just imagine what it would look like if the fenders had to cover the tires (like they do here in Pennsylvania). Man, if only those axles were chopped down to stock-ish width, this thing would be perfect. Looks like it still has the stock springs on those portals too. wow.

#26 ·
Wanna impress me... make my soft top electric like the sebrings,, then I will be impressed

#28 ·
blah....blah....blah....

....but we still can't seem to develop for the consumer:

decent welds,
decent brake pads,
decent hood latches,
an e-brake that holds,
soft-tops that don't leak,
hard-tops that don't leak,
decent headlights and bulbs,
axles that aren't prone to bending,
an automatic that doesn't overheat,
decent throwout bearings for manuals,
a computer system that isn't full of bugs,
a fuel filler that doesn't spew gas at you,
inner axle C's that aren't prone to bending,
sheet metal that is any thicker than paper,
a transfer case clip that doesn't easily break,
a steering shaft shroud that doesn't come loose,
an electronic disconnect that doesn't short out in water,
ball joints that don't wear prematurely since they aren't serviceable.

*That is a sick-ass rig though. Beautiful. :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.