JK custom skid for stabilizer bracket - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > JK Tech > Write Up Dept. (The Library)

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
StubEXrube
Super Moderator

Member # 1473
Garage
JK custom skid for stabilizer bracket

Made this out of 6" dia 3/8" steel pipe. Welded to bottom of bracket...shouldn't get hung up on obstacles anymore...
Attached Images

StubEXrube is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
scrogg
Rock God

Member # 1196
Not a bad idea really. Although I would like to be able relocate all that stuff myself.
scrogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 12:45 AM   #3
StubEXrube
Super Moderator

Member # 1473
Garage
I tried to relocate previously, using RE lift and droped tb brackets w/ Poly reloc bracket and Fox 2.0 stab....Spent much time and $$ and wound up w/ several issues that I couldnt resolve w/o spending even MORE $$...This temp fix was cheap, easy, and fast.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:05 AM   #4
Dustoff '68
JKO Addict!

Member # 928
Thumbs up

for figuring out the obvious; the more one spends and adds to his Jeep, the more one discovers he needs to correct, spend, and then add again, to fix that which didn't exist before the initial spend and add...it's a vicious world out their...nice job on your simple fix.

The One Constant in an Ever Declining Civilization...Me!

Putting the SWAT Back in Conservative Values
Dustoff '68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
kerryp
Rock God

Member # 1208
Hey Stu, I like it, nice job, very creative.
kerryp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
MOAB4ME
Granite Guru

Member # 1510
I just installed a Teraflex steering stabilizer along with the Woods relocation bracket at the axle end. I rotated the entire tie rod bracket up so that the stabilzer stud is pointing up and the factory tie-rod bracket is out of the way(the one you have so nicely skidded). It works great as far as I can tell. I just installed couple days ago and haven't had it off-road yet. Go ahead, ask for a picture! I'll get one as soon as possible.

4" Currie Rock Jock/Daystar 1" BL
37" Iroks on AEV rims
Superior 5.13s and rear ARB
Hanson stubby front bumper with Warn 9.5ti
PSC rocker armor/Rock Hard Oil & Trans skid

RUBICON TESTED-MOAB APPROVED
MOAB4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
StubEXrube
Super Moderator

Member # 1473
Garage
MOAB4ME- My prob (condensed) was : using (co A) lift that inclwelded) f&r dropped trackbar brackets, histeer draglink, & adj trackbar ALONG W/ (co B) relocated bracket & oversize stabilizer. When it all went together...the (co B) relocated bracket caused the (co A) trackbar to be @ different angle than (co A) highsteer draglink...as well as possible clearence issues (@ full droop left/ right- not sure thou). Eventually i'll get a Woods (or co A) bracket w aftmkt stabilizer, but ULTIMATELY could not bring myself to cutoff (welded) front & rear tb brackets & buy new ( co B) brackets. I may have totally overlooked something throughout the process but i dont think so. I don't mind being an idiot w/ a dwindling JK account...but i HATE bein the guinnea pig w/ all the xtra parts. Iwould love to see pics of the Woods/ Tera set-up.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
Woods
JKowners Vendor

Member # 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
MOAB4ME- My prob (condensed) was : using (co A) lift that inclwelded) f&r dropped trackbar brackets, histeer draglink, & adj trackbar ALONG W/ (co B) relocated bracket & oversize stabilizer. When it all went together...the (co B) relocated bracket caused the (co A) trackbar to be @ different angle than (co A) highsteer draglink...as well as possible clearence issues (@ full droop left/ right- not sure thou). Eventually i'll get a Woods (or co A) bracket w aftmkt stabilizer, but ULTIMATELY could not bring myself to cutoff (welded) front & rear tb brackets & buy new ( co B) brackets. I may have totally overlooked something throughout the process but i dont think so. I don't mind being an idiot w/ a dwindling JK account...but i HATE bein the guinnea pig w/ all the xtra parts. Iwould love to see pics of the Woods/ Tera set-up.
You can see the bracket with the stock SS here: http://www.jeepswag.com/#Jeep_JK_Ste...Relocation_Kit

Thanks for the props Moab4Me
Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
MOAB4ME
Granite Guru

Member # 1510
Quote:
I figured you had an issue like that! I was posting more for those who have a closer to stock set-up. What I have now by just adding the Woods kit for about $30 and no fabrication accomplishes similar result.

37" Iroks on AEV rims

Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #10
StubEXrube
Super Moderator

Member # 1473
Garage
I will relocate eventually..just wanted an excuse to weld..and show off my creativity i guess...Also, I didnt know if MOAB4ME had seen the other post about my RE/Poly dilemma.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #11
MOAB4ME
Granite Guru

Member # 1510
Quote:
I will relocate eventually..just wanted an excuse to weld..and show off my creativity i guess...Also, I didnt know if MOAB4ME had seen the other post about my RE/Poly dilemma.
No I hadn't. Here is one picture I have taken. I have a better showing the tie rod end, just haven't uploaded it yet.

This picture shows the Riddler more than anything, but you can see the end of the SS also.

37" Iroks on AEV rims

Old 07-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #12
rockcrawl
Granite Guru

Member # 1381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
You can see the bracket with the stock SS here: http://www.jeepswag.com/#Jeep_JK_Ste...Relocation_Kit

Thanks for the props Moab4Me
The Woods relocation is a great way to go because it gets it out of the way and it doesn't add anymore weight to the jeep. Not that you're adding very much but it all adds up. I'm so glad I had it when I ran John Bull last weekend. Not sure if it would still be there if I hadn't moved it.
rockcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #13
so_calif_rubi
Rock God

Member # 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcrawl View Post
The Woods relocation is a great way to go because it gets it out of the way and it doesn't add anymore weight to the jeep. Not that you're adding very much but it all adds up. I'm so glad I had it when I ran John Bull last weekend. Not sure if it would still be there if I hadn't moved it.
This is what happened without the relocated steering stabilizer....John Bull last weekend.........we'll be getting one from you soon, Woods

And this is what happened:

~Richard & Melissa~

Last edited by so_calif_rubi; 07-03-2008 at 09:33 PM.
so_calif_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2008, 09:41 PM   #14
StubEXrube
Super Moderator

Member # 1473
Garage
Turbo must be a lousy spotter...but he's cute...I'd keep him!
Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Old 07-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #15
so_calif_rubi
Rock God

Member # 1345
Quote:
Turbo must be a lousy spotter...but he's cute...I'd keep him!

LOL he does have a cute hair cut doesn't he?????????
~Melissa~
so_calif_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.