JKOwners Forum banner

Uwharrie Clean up Day - Idea

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tkob1060 
#1 ·
Hey.. I know that a lot of the local groups and clubs around the SC/NC area go to Uwharrie and do trail maintenance.. This year they did it like the last weekend in March.. I have never done it but since I see lot you guys including myself enjoy Uwharrie.. I was thinking that maybe we could adopt a trail this year and help out.. So when anyone from the JKF will see a sign saying we adopted the trail.. :thefinger:

What do you think?

#3 ·
I'll put me as a maybe... with the baby coming, who knows if I'll even be able to leave the house :)

Is there any cost to adopting a trail? I'm assuming that you dont just walk up with your own sign and declare in a deep booming voice: "I claim thee trail, in the name of all that is good and holy for jkowners.com, the only unbiased source for JK information." then plant your sign in the ground.

#4 ·
Actually you are correct.. There is a committee that helps control the volunteers.. I am going to see about getting a group help out.. I am currently waiting on a response.. But I have yet to see them turn anyone away..

#8 ·
Im in.....

dont remember ever seeing much to clean up on the trails though.
Redneck ass campsites maybe.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.