JKOwners Forum banner

JP Magazine, just came out with diesel news...

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  jdemonto 
#1 ·
I just read in the latest JP Magazine inside the cover page, the author spent a good amount of time in a manual and an automatic Jeep JK 4 door with the diesel option at the Michigan AEV playing ground. Goes on and on about it, loved it, just wonderful, blah blah blah..,. then ends the paragraph with read more about why this will not be available in USA in an upcoming issue.:bawling:

They are kill’n me over here. Torque, water crossings, greater tow capacity, perhaps a bit better mileage, did I mention torque…

Oh and the torque on a diesel is awesome compared to the Caravan engine they dropped in there in the 2007 and 2008. A caravan motor… How embarrassing.

They must have had bigger plans… just look at all the room around this POS motor they are selling it with right now.

Hello, can anyone out there here me… Jeep? Chrysler? Hello? Your public is calling!
:bounce:

#2 ·
With gas prices the way they are right now, where diesel is $4 a gallon compared to $3.15 for gasoline here in texas, I think I can take the little POS motor we have for now, a V-8 option would be nice.

G
#5 ·
I’m not sure I get the diesel thing! With the right gearing the JK motor has great off road power and it's not bad on the road. It’s plenty fast enough for me but I’m in my mid 40s and slowing down from my Hayabusa days ;)

One thing I do need to do is get a muffler so it doesn’t sound like Alan’s sewing machine :laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.