JKOwners Forum banner

Wheelin close to home...

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  banned01010 
#1 ·
We went out to check out a spot very close to home Saturday night. There are lots of trails-- some pretty muddy (door deep anyway), a couple of ponds, lots of sand mounds and one big sand hill. It's pretty old and washed out, but not a bad way to spend a little time near the house. Mostly 4 wheeler trails off through the woods, but there is a neat old cemetery if you look hard.

I couldn't get my wife up close with the camera, but these are pics I took on the same hill:

It was a little soft at the top ;D

This is the approach from the top side

more...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
There was a longer run up to the top of the hill, but as you crested the run there was a BAD washout, and it was a bit narrow for us. When my rear left wheel lifted well into the air and the front right was dangling my wife made me quit. What you can't really see too well in the pics is that just to the right of that crumbly sand is a 12 foot deep washout. I don't think it was that bad though, Mason's CJ got through OK. Gotta remember sand is tricky, it will push out from under you ;)

this is the best shot to show scale, I thought I took one looking down but it's not in the camera:

#4 ·
This is the spot I posted there this morning (PRC) not the clay mine I posted a while back. That one I'm not too confident about legally speaking, but this one is good to go. I hate for you to come all the way up here for this little hill, but if you're in the area or just bored then come on! I do have a another much better spot under my hat, but word is fish & game has been pretty ugly about it lately so we're letting it cool down a little. Here's some shaky vids from last summer of the better spot:

YouTube - Sand Pit Crevice Crawl

Here's the wife on another hill out there(jeep looks a little plain back then :D )

YouTube - 08 JK

Oh and yes, our JK has done the crevice in the first vid down and up no prob, just didn't have the camera with us that day :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.