16.5" rims on 5 on 5 bolt patterm? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > JK Tech > Modified JK Tech Dept.

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
red_jker
Wheeler

Member # 1328
Exclamation 16.5" rims on 5 on 5 bolt patterm?

i want humvee tires on my jeep but i can find a 16.5" rim that has a 5 on 5 bolt pattern. can someone please help. the tires are 37x12.50x16.5
red_jker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
100dollarman
JKowners Vendor

Member # 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_jker View Post
i want humvee tires on my jeep but i can find a 16.5" rim that has a 5 on 5 bolt pattern. can someone please help. the tires are 37x12.50x16.5

Red- I am in the H1 tire business- I could not find any wheels to fit the JK- I ended up having some made 16.5x8 5 on 5.
www.TRAILBOXtrailers.com
100dollarman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
100dollarman
JKowners Vendor

Member # 1334
I sold them a long while back, but you can see pics here-

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5724
www.TRAILBOXtrailers.com
Old 06-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
oz97tj
JKO Addict!

Member # 3528
Just get the whole H1 wheel and then recenter it for 5 on 5 with whatever backspacing. That way you get double beadlocks, and a very cool military look.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
red_jker
Wheeler

Member # 1328
how much did those rims cost and could you give me the info so i can call the guy who made those. i am also wondering if they would fir my jeep. its a stock x with 3.5 in lift. would i need to change the gearing right away aor could i wait a couple weeks?
red_jker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
Duke
Granite Guru

Member # 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_jker View Post
If your JK is your daily driver I would look elsewhere for tires. The Humvee surplus 37" Goodyears are very loud (think Swamper Bogger) and are extremely stiff as they are designed to accomodate uparmored Humvees weighing 13k.

I bought a set for my F250 since they were so cheap. I pulled them off and went back to BFG M/T's.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 06:55 PM   #7
100dollarman
JKowners Vendor

Member # 1334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
If your JK is your daily driver I would look elsewhere for tires. The Humvee surplus 37" Goodyears are very loud (think Swamper Bogger) and are extremely stiff as they are designed to accomodate uparmored Humvees weighing 13k.

I bought a set for my F250 since they were so cheap. I pulled them off and went back to BFG M/T's.

I have to disagree- its been my experience that they are not overly loud or stiff. No where near a Bogger. They are "D" load rated. They are no louder than any other mud terrain tire and they actually ride pretty smooth.

Maybe you had some very old ones?
www.TRAILBOXtrailers.com
Old 06-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
gt3073b
Granite Guru

Member # 107
I'm finishing up a set of re-centered 12 bolt HMMWV wheels right now. All 4 are welded (new centers and rock rings) and the first one is primed. The 97* weather isn't leaving much time for painting.

Check Pirate4x4 for info. There is a ton of info there on how to do it or get it done.

One thing to keep in mind (specific to the JK and a couple other vehicles) is that the front caliper overhangs the wheel mounting face on the rotor. I'm not sure if a pressed wheel center alone will provide enough clearance for the caliper or not. I am using 1.5" Spydertrax spacers to run my stock wheels for DD and to allow a flat plate center to clear the rotor. I set the new center on the lip in the wheel which gives 4.75" backspacing. With the 1.5" spacers, I will be at 3.25" which will be plenty for 13.5" wide tires. This also made it really easy to get the wheels true so they don't wobble. Very little tweaking was needed to get them straight.

Plasma cutting the old flange out, setting the backspacing, truing the wheels, welding them, and welding in rock rings took a friend and I right at 4 hours for 4 wheels.

I'll put all the info in a new thread when they are all finished.

Bryan.
To Do Co4Lo suggested Grade Eleventy bolts for my new bumper flag mounting bracket
gt3073b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.