JKOwners Forum banner

Aftermarket Power Windows / Locks

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mr.RonGilbert 
#1 · (Edited)
I tried searching the forum for any recommendations/comments on installing aftermarket (or MOPAR) power windows and locks (4 door), but I couldn't find anything (sorry if this is a duplicate thread). Any comments or links would be appreciated.

#2 ·
We are interested in the same thing. I want original style jeep key and not an aftermarket keyfob. I did a couple hours of research and it is possible, but not cheap. None of my local dealers will even give me a quote to do it, although they would order all the parts and then charge me for time spent installing them. I have not signed up for it. Please post if you find anything.

Probably best path is to find donor doors (dont forget the tailgate) from wrecked jeep with power windows/locks. That gets you most of the way, less some harness and a control box. If the donor doors are not damaged, you could probably sell the shells with your old manual parts after you strip the stuff you need.

Chris

#4 ·
Hey Guys

I've been reading threads on power upgrades for my X for a while. Most of what I have read sudgests that you should stay with MOPAR parts for this upgrade. One person tried to use an after-market power window kit with NO success. Said he had to make several mods just to get the equipment to fit. And then it did not function well. Factory EQ, may be more expensive. But fit and finish my be worth the extra $$$.

#6 ·
I used to install aftermarket electrical acc, including windows. My suggestion, don't use aftermarket power windows. The kits probably wouldn't work (fit issues, as stated above) and they never really work very well. They are very problem prone too. So, if u can get MOPAR parts, go for it, otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.