JKOwners Forum banner

37" Toyo open country m/t's

12K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Danny727 
#1 ·
Just wanted to post that I just replaced PitBull Rockers with Toyo open country m/t's and omg what a huge difference. They are no joke 90% quieter than the rockers and I'm blown away at how smooth the ride is. So if anyone is debating between the two and do a lot of road driving, take it from someone who's had both get the Toyos 100%!

#5 ·
Hey Danny,
Post up some pics and let us know how much lift you are running.

I run the 37" Toyos on my Dodge 2500 and they are great but the truck weighs 8500 lbs and makes over 1000lbs of torque. I am afraid that the combined weight of the Toyos and my TrailReady beadlocks may be a bit much.

#9 ·
Bryan so you are running 37" TOYO's on your Dana D30? I was wondering if I could or not. Do you do any off roading? I dont do much and my JK is my DD. I love these tires but I too am leary that my front end wont hold up.

#10 ·
I also have Toyo 37s on my stock dana 30 WITH the stock 3.73s still in it. lol. ITs not too bad of gearing, only notice it when Im going up super steep hills. But I also have the Rubi-crawler so I can slap it in 2wd-lo and she hold fine. My rig is a daily driver aswell and Im told that I do hit the trails a little harder than I should. SO far no issues. I do have gussets and I just picked up an Artec truss to add to it so I some support under it until I can get around to doing some 1 tons. :drinking-42:

#17 ·
Go 5:13

If you have a 3.8 with auto go with the 5:13 gears for 37" tires, I have 35" and think I would like my gearing better with 37" since I sometimes tow on the hwy.

i had the ring&pinion shop out by you do the install, i now have a mechanic that could have done it for me.

at 75mph in OD about 2500 rpm and in 3rd it is at 3400 rpm, you would drop almost 200rpm with true 37" tires.
I towed a trailer to Georgia and It just could not quite hold OD and 3rd was needed with any headwind or uphill grade.

Im in Commerce MI. your just around the corner, I intend to go 37" soon and Toyo is my first choice if the extra 10lbs is not noticable to performance.

Im installing the Ripp headers tonight hopfully and will report on the results

#18 ·
Yeah please do post pics of those Ripp Headers and maybe a video so I can hear how it sounds. That is my next purchase I think is exahust but I dont want it to sound raspy and rice burner-ish. I saw a guy on youtube used a flowmaster 80 series for a camaro and it sounded great nice low rumble. What shop did the ring and pinion? I am in Oxford so am curious who it is so I can use them to do mine. Here are some pics of the Toyo Open Country M/T's 37/13.50/20 also I have a good hook up at Belle Tire when your ready to buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.