JKOwners Forum banner

ABS,ESP,BAS fuse?

26K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  ToTheTrails 
#1 ·
i know i can cut the purple wire with a light blue stripe under the dash to turn all of the extra BS off. i remember reading there should be a fuse i can pull to do the same thing. i tried searching no luck.

anyone know if there is a fuse i can pull to turn off the abs/esp/bas?

btw please don't post because you think this is dangerous i don't care!!! :thefinger:

#3 ·
yeah i saw that but which one? probably not m37 because of the fuel pump rly. so what about the other two? anyone know?

M37
10 Amp Red
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) , Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Stop Lamp Switch (STP LP SW), Fuel Pump Rly Hi Control

J6
40 Amp Green
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Pump/ESP

J7
30 Amp Pink
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Valve/ESP

#11 ·
What exactly is the BAS? You welded your rear gears? wouldnt that cause some problems on the street?

isn't bas like a brake assisted cheap mans locker? since i welded mine i don't need it AND i went through my rear brakes with in 10K, thats a lot of brake dragging! i just want to see if there is any improvement on mpg and brake wear... i haven'd had any big problems on the street.

#12 ·
isn't bas like a brake assisted cheap mans locker? since i welded mine i don't need it AND i went through my rear brakes with in 10K, thats a lot of brake dragging! i just want to see if there is any improvement on mpg and brake wear... i haven'd had any big problems on the street.
So your rear tires dont chirp and shit when you go around corners? Since they are welded doesnt that make them locked all the time? When you turn your inner tire would not spin at the same speed as your outer, but with your locker it should cause it to keep them spinning at the same speed.

#21 ·
your trying to improve your MPG by disconnecting electronics and welding your diff?? im sorry but your going to use more gas (more power to make turns) and your going to spend a but load more cause your going to need new tires 3x faster. trust me my rear diff locked and i just about went through a set of tires in a month it took to get a new axle... have fun, but i dont understand your logic

G
#25 ·
I Just took out the J6 fuse tonight because we are having a rain and thunder storm. I have had my 2014 (steering wheel dance doesn't work) 4 door Rubicon since Dec 13, and I just felt like I drove it for the fist time. Now I know how it actually handles without mother taking the wheel. Very informative. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.