JKOwners Forum banner

Help "Keep The Dream Alive" for Mall Krawler

27K views 182 replies 59 participants last post by  sixty5vdub 
#1 ·
I am not sure if you guys know Mall Krawler or not here on JK Owners. His real name is Donald Broadbent. He is one of the most enthusiastic JK Owners ever. Don is the first guy to ever compete in competitive Rock Crawling Competition with a JK. He was badly injured when he was hit by a car on his motorcycle and lost part of his leg! His JK was is a 6 cyl standard with Dana 44 rear!

Here is a link to his story!

http://home.ptd.net/~luci/Team_Rock_Krawler/About_Me.html

Don can no longer drive a standard vehicle do to the accident! When we found out about his accident, we contacted Don to give him our best wishes. He was practically in tears and said he was going to have to give up the sport he loves and his JK because he could no longer drive it!

Well, we are not going to let that happen! I spoke to Don not too long ago and asked him what we would need to do to help "Keep his Dream Alive"! But, we need your help! We do not have all the parts Don needs to get his JK to where it needs to go. We have got to convert his JK over to an automatic so he can even drive it with one leg! Don't goal was to move to class 2 so we (Rock Krawler) have offered to Don a free JK Long Arm System installed for free and any other thing we can do for him to help him out!

The other items Don needs to "Keep his Dream Alive" are as follows;

- JK 44 front axle
- 37" Tires
- 17" Bead Lock Wheels
- Heavy Duty Axle Shafts
- Heavy Duty Drive Shafts

If there is anyone out there that can help out, that would be great. We would certainly like to hear from people who have converted JK's from standards to auto's!

If you have the ability to help in any way, it would be greatly appreciated! Even if you can cut us a great deal on the parts above for Don, we will take care of the bill!

Jeremy

Rock Krawler Suspension

See less See more
#179 ·
Sounds good. I plan to try to spend as much time up there as possible(well as much a my body will allow) we had a long day up there today I'm already feeling the affects from over doing it,but it has been way to long since I've been out on the trail. I want to thank everyone again who help make this possible for me. Today I felt like I had an important piece of my life back.

Don it was nice seeing you out on the trails today. You guys passed us a few times between CV trail and yellowjacket.
I like yellow jacket that is a fun trail. Not real hard but still fun to run. We had a few 1st timers with us so we tried to run trails with by-passes just in case. Here's a picture my wife got from yellow jacket. Once the rest are done uploading I'm going to post them in a trail thread. We have a club ride up there every month so if you are ever looking for some one to go out with we always have room.

Don
BMJA President
http://www.bmja.org/home.php

#183 ·
Just showing off those River Raider skids :)
Don
BMJA President
http://www.bmja.org/home.php
Don: Glad to see you have that transmission protected from the rocks ........:laughing2: :rockon:

RK: You guys (and everyone else involved) did a great job of pulling this all together. I am glad that I got to be a part of it. :beer:

AMP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.