JKOwners Forum banner

flag mount?

38K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  daniellehutch909 
#1 ·
what would be the best way to securely mount a flag to the rear passenger side of a jeep?

along the lines of:

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats a bigass flag, but i'd consider most CB antenna mounts to be stout enough..depending on the style however. The flexing is what will kill most mounts. A "real" rear bumper would be the next choice.

#3 ·
yeah, i dont want to go that big, but thats the general idea.

im still running the stock bumper and i dont want a hitch mount pole. i have the arizona cb mount... and it flops around with just the antenna on it, dont think it would hold with the flag pulling on it.

ill have to look in the jeep, but maybe u-bolting the pole to the rear roll bar?

#4 · (Edited)
i hang mine from my cb antenna.. and my cb still works just fine.. i use a wilson sliverload 5ft antenna.. its pretty heavy duty...

edit: i have the arizona mount too.. only flops a little bit for me

#9 ·
I have a CB antenna mount that attaches to the body, and the antenna doesn't flex around (it only sticks up about 3-4" over the top, so hitting things isn't usually a problem) - it would easily support a flag.

I think the mount is made by workman, or something like that - and requires drilling a hole in the body. I mounted it next to the tail light.

!c

#29 ·
Here's my set up.

I have a cargo rack over the spare tire which made a good mount. I used PVC pipe, and on one end put a cap with a small hole for any water to weep out of. I used zip ties to attach them to the cargo rack. The Jeep flag is a 2.5 x 3.5 made from nylon. I drilled a hole through the pipe and wooden dowel rod and secure it with a locking pin so the wind doesn't take it. I have an American Flag that goes on the right side.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.