JKOwners Forum banner

2012 PROGRAMMERS

28K views 53 replies 31 participants last post by  AppSt59Dave 
#1 ·
I have not seen any talk on here about 2012 programmers/tuners yet, anybody know if anybodys close to releasing one? This motor and tranny combo has been out a while in the Grand so some testing has to have already begun. When i talked to a master jeep mechanic he said these VVT motors have a lot of potential with just a good tuner, Like he said the Charger motor has 305hp, he said the motors the same just a diffrent program.

#2 ·
At the moment, there aren't even any programmers out that are compatible with the 2011 ECM. From what I've read/been told, it's the same ECM for the 2012, too. They can't seem to get past the security features, which is why we haven't seen one for anything newer than a 2010. There's a long list of us waiting, my friend.

#5 ·
Programmers

The procal has some nice features, but I'm looking to unleash some more hidden power in the wrangler 3.6. Like I said the Dodge Charger has the same motor and is rated at 305HP :devil:

Hell I dont even have a 2012 yet:, as soon as some more performance upgrades come out I'm going to pull the trigger and order a new rubi and get rid of this gutless 2010.

Come on RIPP abd get the supercharger done for the 3.6.

#6 ·
For just your standard tire size / TPMS programming features. The AEV procal already works just fine. The old AEV Procal I used on my 2007 continued to work just fine on my 2012.

As for a tuner like Superchips? I'd expect around a year's wait as the 2011s are still not released as pointed out.

#7 ·
I have a '12 and even with the 3.21 gears and 35s, it's still way more powerful than my 09 was. I'm ordering gears this week so will gain back power and then some there.

Eventually, when a performance programmer becomes available, I'll buy one but I wouldn't wait if thats all thats holding you back.

#11 ·
PROGRAMMERS

OZ97tj,

I have an 2010 that will hold me over till some of the other aftermarket parts come out for the 2012, I want to wait and see what the winter chill looks like in person before I order one.

I have test driven a 2012 for a weekend and ran (beat) it pretty hard, theres no doudt 2012 is a way better setup. I just think the 3.6 has a lot of extra power thats hidden and will take minimal things to unleash it :devil:

#13 ·
OZ97tj,

I have an 2010 that will hold me over till some of the other aftermarket parts come out for the 2012, I want to wait and see what the winter chill looks like in person before I order one.

I have test driven a 2012 for a weekend and ran (beat) it pretty hard, theres no doudt 2012 is a way better setup. I just think the 3.6 has a lot of extra power thats hidden and will take minimal things to unleash it :devil:
I agree the motor has more potential. I was tempted to wait for to see the gecko color, but found one optioned how I wanted it in sahara tan so I bought it. Nothing wrong with waiting for the color you want.

#15 ·
RADRUBI,

Whats the name of the company with this possiable kit coming out? Do you know what changes they did to get it?
Its not a procal type, were talking about a N/A kit, ie a intake that pulls perfect amount of AFR, A bolt on exhaust axle back system, an a zietronics piggyback system, thats a plug n play system, its not a chip or programmable device, I know they have been trying to become vendors here on JKO. As they are building a JKU Rubicon for SEMA, The company is Road Race Motorsports, there well know across the world to bring power out of OE vehicles, They build alot of vehicles for the OE, an also have been assisted by Chysler on this build, along with Warn, PSC, Rock Krawler, sPOD, Rigid LED, Toyo tires, Trail Ready Beadlocks, PRP seats, ICON shocks, Garvin Racks, Xtorm 4wd, Drake Offroad, Carbon Trix, Viair, etc. they are also devolpeing a real big brake kit, like a 4piston caliper setup,,

#14 ·
It is official--the AEV ProCal Module 1.5 is ready to ship! Having already slapped 37's on my 2012, I ordered mine today! Although technically not called a "performance" programmer, it does adjust your shift points based on your tire size, gears, etc, as well as correct your speedo, allow for higher winching idle, daytime running lights, etc. I have used these on all of my bigger JK's with great satisfaction. http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/

#26 ·
any updates on tuners for 2012 yet?

#28 ·
anything yet?

#37 ·
Looks impressive. I'll be keeping an eye on this...

I have noticed with my 2013 RU that when off-road in 4WL I can only travel in 1st & 2nd gear as indicated on the dashboard. Is this a new limitation with the 2013? My dealer has said two different things: 1) it continues to shift to higher gears but doesn't indicate this, and 2) the computer limits transmission when in 4WL to 1st and 2nd and 14 MPH. Anyone experience this or have the proper answer?
Must be something new. I can go through all 5 gears while in 4lo.

#35 ·
I have noticed with my 2013 RU that when off-road in 4WL I can only travel in 1st & 2nd gear as indicated on the dashboard. Is this a new limitation with the 2013? My dealer has said two different things: 1) it continues to shift to higher gears but doesn't indicate this, and 2) the computer limits transmission when in 4WL to 1st and 2nd and 14 MPH. Anyone experience this or have the proper answer?

#39 ·
Update on 4W-L and Using 1st thru 5th Gears

I took my 2013 RU out for a test drive locally yesterday. I engaged 4W-L and went through all 5 gears 1st thru 5th with no problem. I don't know what I was encountering earlier but it worked perfectly. I also had a friend in his 2012 RU trailing behind me and he tried the same thing and his also worked perfectly from 1st thru 5th gears. So all those opinions from the dealer were useless, they didn't actually know how it was supposed to operate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.