JKOwners Forum banner

Rubicon Trail 10/24-25'ish

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kf4pwb 
#1 ·
Anybody up for a run? The family and I are out here from Nashville working a project Bakersfield and the Rubicon is on our bucket list so we drove the jeep out here so we could do it. Its a 4 door jkur on 33's for perspective. we would be flexible on our timing and don't want to go alone since we have never done the trail. we figure on driving up there on Thursday and running the trail on Friday/Saturday and heading back to Bako on Sunday.

Best,
Sam

#2 ·
Welcome to the area! The Rubicon is a pretty tough trail, even if you take all the bypasses. Tell us more about your rig, do you have skids/rock rails? How much lift? Lockers? Winch? I'd suggest posting up in the NorCal forum and get some opinions if you should attempt the full trail with your build.

#3 · (Edited)
thanks much. i have a 4 door, 2012 cod mw3, so a rubicon with aev stuff (front and rear bumpers, rock rails, hood that is not vented and gathers water in the corner when it rains and badging that has been ripped off to keep the gamer dudes from constantly asking me if i "play"...which i don't, hahaha). the 33" (255/80/17) cooper maxx arrive friday. Oh ya and a TF leveling kit (the spacers not the springs)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.