JKOwners Forum banner

Moab - Labor day couple Videos

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  annerj 
#1 ·
We hit Moab this weekend and did Steel Bender on Sunday and Hells Revenge on Saturday.

Good times.

Not many jeeps did the "optional" stuff on hells revenge (lots did hells gate, 3 of us did Mickey's hot tub and I think 4 attempted the escalator).....Anne and I went ahead and did them all ;). Bit of carnage on the escalator on other couple jeeps that went up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrBK5p8UqN8&feature=em-share_video_user

#5 · (Edited)
What were the temps like. I want to make it there soon but I thought it would be to hot this time of the year.
Weather during EJS is much nicer :)

The first day we got there it was cool in the morning and warm during the day. Sunday was flat out too hot (94 I think).

Looking at the weather coming up it looks like its going to cool off again after we left :(

Th one BIG plus about labor day is everything is more mellow...15-18 rigs on the rides vs 30. Town was a little quieter, etc

#4 ·
So this was the first time out in moab with the 4 door. I'll say that I think its 90% spooter and being able to listen to the spotter.

All the carnage we saw, the rigs we pulled up (or out of mickey's and the like) you could see them just not listening (or trusting?) the spotter.

Anyways loving the new jeep. I've got a lot to learn about picking lines on the steps. We did steel bender on Sunday and I got hung up a lot

#7 ·
Crazy to see all the jeeps in that video!! We were there the week leading upto Labor day weekend. Actually left Saturday of Labor weekend and I was amazed at how few of people we saw. We wheeled for 4 straight days and I bet we saw a total of 5 jeeps all week on the trails (other then our group). Crazy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.