JKOwners Forum banner

Anthracite Outdoor Shamokin, PA

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jeeper2008 
#1 ·
My buddy and I went out for a weekend of camping and wheeling in Shamokin, PA at Anthracite. Wheeled all day form 9 to 6 and covered about 30 miles of trail. Finally stumbled on to some really challenging rock trails toward the end of the day and decided to play around.

heading into the rocks

This was a really steep descent. took a picture of the trees for a bit of perspective...definitely some pucker moments

Coal scoop

Basically had the run of the park all day except for another big group of land rovers. we stuck to the east property all day but theres a western half thats not yet open thats about twice the size of the area we wheeled. Had some great weather and great times.

Oh, an I gotta throw in a pic of this bad ass flattie wheelin at the York jeep show on the obstacle course. this thing flat out performed. Unbelievable details for something that looks simple.

See less See more
#3 ·
I was in the Jeep Show all weekend since I love right there at the fairgrounds. I just got back from AOAA! My wife and I went up for the 3rd Jeep Jamboree. Friday we ran a blue trail on the west side, mostly steep climbs and descents. One descent got real sketch as the flat rocks would slide over each other when going down. Saturday we ran a blue trail on the east side and it had more rock obstacles. Really liked one part we did that dropped into a spring like stream that kind waterfalls as ya went down. One of the guides said they run it up hill alit but have a hard time with 2 of the rock faces.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.