JKOwners Forum banner

2007 JK Service manual - FREE

308K views 202 replies 88 participants last post by  rednechTech 
#1 · (Edited)
I have the 2007 JK service manual. It's an RAR file. I honestly forgot how I got it but I just found it on one of my many USB HDD. I am wondering if I can share this with others (for free) and if JKO is cool with it before I send out links. This is the same service manual that dealerships have at the install/service department

Update 10:45am 04/02/10: I got the approval and will have instructions and link shortly

File is upload. See link below. You will need to extract the files and burn them to a disk in order to use this. I have only been able to use it with IE. In my experience it does not work with Firefox properly.

Update 4/04/10:So Rapidshare is down again... Anyone here able to host this for us?

Update 04/04/10: Daspes and fl-mitchells are going to provide links for everyone to use. I also converted it to a ZIP file, Extract the ISO and use a program to burn the ISO, just google for Free ISO Burner. It will NOT WORK just by extracting the files. You HAVE to put them on a CD. Also it does work with IE 7 and 8. Does not work with Firefox and Safari.

I was able to compress it down to 93mb

http://www.fl-mitchells.com/dload/07Wrangler.zip

http://public.me.com/daspes It's filed under Tech Files > Jeep > Wrangler

Here is the steps to follow I will be using Free ISO Burner:

1. Download the file

2. Windows Vista and 7 already have a program to extract ZIP files. You can also use WinRar.

3. Extract Jeep Sevive Manual.iso

4. Use FreeISOBurner to burn the ISO to a blank CD (or what ever program you use to burn ISO's)

5. Insert Disc in your cd Drive

6. Install SVG Viewer (if needed) located on the bottom of the page

7. Ready to use the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Service Manual

See less See more
#4 ·
Depending on the size of the ISO I can host it for you if you need, just let me know. If it's like a 4GB full DVD ISO or something I don't have the bandwidth, but a CD ISO is no problem. In any case I'd love to have a copy!

#11 · (Edited)
I think they are all out. MichaelW might be around.

Here's a quick rundown from another thread. Ignore the first part, it obviously doesn't apply to you.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=357026&postcount=20

How about don't **** with anybody?

Anyway.. goes like this

MichaelW = Has been here from the get go, isn't on as much as he use to be but usually early mornings Reno time. Level headed, well respected.
Chances of banning you 30/70

usmcdoc14 = A Pirate4x4 mod who moonlights here on JKO as well since he has a JK. He is the guru on all things that can pretty much kill you. Brings a Pirate4x4 flair to his modding style which is more like hunting pheasant with a .50cal Chances of banning you 60/40

Camo = Pretty much a dick.. think usmcdoc if he owned the placed... because he does. Intelligent and is equipped with bull shit x-ray vision.
Loves strippers. Awesome dude and a friend. Chance of Banning you 99.9/.10

Lance = Administator/site owner along with Camo. Unpredictable. Mostlikely to tell you to drink bleach and die... then ban you or he will laugh at you, not with you. But all around excellent dude. Chance of banning you Wild Card.

Rene = The Boss Of Lance. Lance's wife... Hopefully self explanatory.

Marcy = Lance's sister in law. She has captured the balls of most here.

Roxy = you won't see her much as she is a mod over at Pirate4x4... but if you do the shit must have hit the wood chipper. Chance of banning you, pretty much no chance that she isn't gonna.

Really, unless you are looking for trouble you don't have much to worry about.. Now Pirate, thats a whole different scenario.

Me, I am harmless.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/member.php?u=1369

#27 · (Edited)
If I wanted to share something non-copyrighted of course, I would upload it to a newsgroup like alt.binaries.technical :innocent:
http://www.giganews.com/ offers free trial memberships.

#35 ·
I got the 07 Service Manual about 2 years ago. Never could do anything with it. It seems there was a problem with either which operating system it worked with or the browser you used. My copy is 196 megs on disk and 144 on file. There are 17,614 files and 35 folders. Maybe I can put on Torrent. I'll play with it and report back.:beer:

#37 ·
X2... I think... I had purchased electronically, but not able to open... some old adobe viewer with latest compatability for XP?? Anyway... I'm able to view 100s of gif files, but no correlated text.

#39 ·
I have the 2007 JK service manual. It's an ISO file. I honestly forgot how I got it but I just found it on one of my many USB HDD. I am wondering if I can share this with others (for free) and if JKO is cool with it before I send out links. This is the same service manual that dealerships have at the install/service department

Update 1454:

So who has a URL I can use with out having to use public file sharing like rapid-share?
Hopefully the Moderators will have mercy on me and not ban me :bawling:
I pm'ed MichaelW So hopefully I will get a response soon.
You are not selling it so there is no problem there. If it is a no cost item and you and we are not violating any copy rights, then I see no problem there. If it is a dealership item only that is supposed to be confidential then there may be a problem. But as long as those items are not met I do not see a problem with this.

Post your link. If it later turns out to be property that belongs to someone else or is confidential and proprietary or copyrighted as for sale then we will have to ask you to remove the link.

#41 ·
Error
This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.