JKOwners Forum banner

Michigan area BS thread

1M views 20K replies 127 participants last post by  BigTB 
#1 ·
I have looked and I don't see one here. I know some of my buddies on JKO like to BS around so I thought I'd put one together. And being that I'm from Canada, it's a stretch calling myself a Michigander, therefore anyone else from the Great Lakes section is welcome to chime in on stuff.
Let's see if we can get it off the ground floor now.

#2,581 ·
almost. My dumbass self left the LoD tire carrier open when pulling out of my driveway and gravity Plus inertia screwed me...dent in my rear quarter panel from my tire! I hate rushing things, always screw up something. Guess its time for corner armor! Any suggestions?

:(
try a body shop. they might be able to get at it through the tail light and push it back out. it doesn't look that bad to be honest. the paint will likely crack though when pushed out.

#2,583 ·
Arlin! Body shop, don't talk sense, he needs armor!

From everything I have read, PSC has the best fitment.

The d links fit no problem. The finish sucked. They are heavy duty though. You can trim the rails back a tad if you want them flush, but I am not doing that.

I will get them on tomorrow and take a better pic.

What shafts did you go with Ryan? How easy are the BJs? I hear those can be a biotch sometimes.

#2,584 ·
Arlin! Body shop, don't talk sense, he needs armor!

From everything I have read, PSC has the best fitment.

The d links fit no problem. The finish sucked. They are heavy duty though. You can trim the rails back a tad if you want them flush, but I am not doing that.

I will get them on tomorrow and take a better pic.

What shafts did you go with Ryan? How easy are the BJs? I hear those can be a biotch sometimes.
PSC is what I was thinking.

Pics will be good :)

Kevin's stock ones, lol. BJs were easy. Just need time, patience, and a big freaking ball joint clamp! :)

#2,585 ·
My dumbass self left the LoD tire carrier open when pulling out of my driveway and gravity Plus inertia screwed me...dent in my rear quarter panel from my tire! I hate rushing things, always screw up something. Guess its time for corner armor! Any suggestions?

Oh...Dang!! :eek: Body shop will fix that, but rear corner armor does look nice!!

#2,588 ·
Chris
Where were you going? Seems like you were headed the wrong way down Grand River. .....:cwm13:
I live just off Grand River in Novi (close to Wixom). Was that you that zoomed by without doors and top?

#2,590 ·
Yay! Corner Armor! Corner Armor!

I like my Warrior Products ones because of the price and the round lights. The cutting into the body sucks a little (it eats into a part of your soul, tearing into a new vehicle) but the finished product was worth it.

Those Or Fab ones are nice! Beyond what I would pay for corners but if I had expendable cash, I'd get those!

#2,591 ·
#2,594 ·
Unlimited side steps

Hey all, I know this should go in the "wanted" section, but I figure putting this out to
Michigan guys might yield better local results. If anybody knows of any 4 door Sahara side steps that will be for sale sometime due to upgrading, please let me know. I'm in the metro Detroit area if that helps. Thanks!:koolaid:

#2,595 ·
I live just off Grand River in Novi (close to Wixom). Was that you that zoomed by without doors and top?
Yup!! Was going to MC D's after my sons music concert to get McFlurries. I thought you lived closer to Novi proper. You are pretty much just on the other side of the freeway from me. I live right off Pontiac Trail between Old Plank and South Hill.

#2,596 ·
Yup!! Was going to MC D's after my sons music concert to get McFlurries. I thought you lived closer to Novi proper. You are pretty much just on the other side of the freeway from me. I live right off Pontiac Trail between Old Plank and South Hill.
I'm at the fringe of Novi - Napier and 12 mile road. It's exactly where Novi, Wixom and South Lyon meet. I belong to South Lyon schools in fact!

I'll probably bump into you a lot more. I'm at that McD's pretty often, and also the Meijer next door, Outback, Home Depot and, yes, Twelve Oaks too :suicide: lol.

#2,597 ·
I'm at the fringe of Novi - Napier and 12 mile road. It's exactly where Novi, Wixom and South Lyon meet. I belong to South Lyon schools in fact!

I'll probably bump into you a lot more. I'm at that McD's pretty often, and also the Meijer next door, Outback, Home Depot and, yes, Twelve Oaks too :suicide: lol.
You can also find chris at most of the corners in Novi and Wixom. Usually has a blonde wig on and a blue mini skirt. $20 will get you 15 mins of pure bliss. (Ryan told me)

#2,598 ·
You can also find chris at most of the corners in Novi and Wixom. Usually has a blonde wig on and a blue mini skirt. $20 will get you 15 mins of pure bliss. (Ryan told me)
Now that's a scary visual lol! And it's not Friday yet, Stephen! :flame:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.