JKOwners Forum banner

The Adventures of Rex

168K views 942 replies 93 participants last post by  gerryjk 
#1 · (Edited)
Decided to collect Rex and friends shots and videos in one place, easier to share.

I'll try and keep it up to date.

In this thread you will see LoRider, Tigger, the White One, Apacolypto, The Gekko, The Dozer, Planman, Landshark, Spooky, and a whole bunch of others. The pics and vids are from all over Colorado, Moab, St. George, Las Cruces, South Dakota. We've met a lot of great people and had lots of fun.

------------------------
1st Post:

2011 was a big year for Rex: lots of modifications getting him to be really robust. I think we are there now. :bounce: Kudo's to TnT Customs in Cheyenne for building me a heck of a rig. Also they are good friends.

Here are some videos to get started (if I duplicate other posts, sorry).

December 31, 2011 North Sand Dunes OHV near Walden CO. It was frigg'n cold yesterday. 17 rigs came out to play. I'll post picks of them when I get them. I was playing on one of the dunes and noticed Rex could jump. So had to come back around for vids:

4DR JK Jumping Dune--T-Rex in Action - YouTube

See less See more
#636 ·
Yeah. No problems. We Rex back on his feet and kept going.

Brian from Carolina Metal Masters and the Spiderweb Shade guys were with us. Greg was spotting. My rear slipped into a hole. Oops.

I was trail leader setting a good example.

No damage.

#647 · (Edited)
Yeah, Rex did alright. I broke a track bar on steel bender but we just welded it back together on the trail.

We had good groups again. We wheeled with some folk from ND who were a lot of fun.

Here is another picture of our Gekko. This jeep does great.

Land vehicle Off-roading Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

#649 ·
Yeah, Rex did alright. I broke a track bar on steel bender but we just welded it back together on the trail.

We had good groups again. We wheeled with some folk from ND who were a lot of fun.

Here is another picture of our Gekko. This jeep does great.

View attachment 206618
Where did you get that Renegade decal?

#651 ·
We were on Pritchett with SpiderWeb Shade guys. They were great.

Here are some pics they took.

Vehicle Geological phenomenon Off-roading Wadi Off-road vehicle

Wadi Rock Geological phenomenon Landscape Geology

It took two winches to get Rex back on his feet. One from the side and one rear.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Rock Off-road vehicle Adventure

Motor vehicle Wadi Vehicle Mode of transport Geological phenomenon

#652 ·
Here is a video made by Krawlzone showing their build done by TNT. Many of the parts were prototyped/field tested on T-Rex as Bob developed them. Some you you have asked me about the bumper installs. In this video they describe what they do.

http://youtu.be/ZzAPDz0aRJw

#653 ·
My daughter took this picture a couple days ago from near our house.

She captioned it Fireman Hill because that center mountain is called Fireman Hill, which is at the top of Lefthand Canyon OHV. I hope LHC OHV opens up someday again.

Anyway I thought it a cool pic. I like the thing in the sky.

Sky Cloud Daytime Atmosphere Atmospheric phenomenon

#662 ·
Bob is a great guy. Totally a straight-shooter.

Ok. I was out in Moab for a couple days on a spur of moment trip. Rex's electrical gremlins are back. I'm done with the JK wiring. Next up is a new harness.

#668 ·
I'll find out what's going on with the builds...been too busy traveling for work.

In the meantime here is the final design for the spiderwebshade. I should have it in a few weeks. It's being printed.

Flag Text Font Poster Postage stamp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.