JKOwners Forum banner

MOOSE is heading West!

10K views 127 replies 48 participants last post by  Moose512 
#1 ·
I have spent seventeen of my last twenty years living in the South Florida area.

A lot of us talk about "making the move" out of South Florida in the search for a state that has an elevation greater then Florida's grand 345 ft. Well it is with mixed emotions that I announce that I am making that move.

I am packing up the family and we are heading west to Phoenix (actually Scottsdale), Arizona. I am excited about living in Arizona but I am really going to miss all of the great friends I have made in North Cuba, the rest of Florida and the entire Southeast (see you guys in Moab!).

Cheers to all my wheeling buds in the Southeast and cheers to all the new friends I am looking forward to hitting the trails with out west.:beer:

For my new friends in Arizona, I am sorry to report that I am not coming out there to open a body shop so you are on your own for trail damage! :thefinger:

I will be in Scottsdale starting August 16th. Now I have to go paint the top of my hard top so my Jeep does not explode in the parking lot of my new job!:smokin:

See less See more
#4 ·
Very best of luck to you Moose. Hope that all bodes well for you and your family in AZ. Such a beautiful state y'all are moving too.

And I hope that you don't end up looking like the Skeletor-raisin lady in that other jko post. Take a mister-fan to be safe. :)

#5 ·
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you put in a request @ 50/50 HQ? :bawling:

#16 ·
Did you put in a request @ 50/50 HQ? :bawling:
I did post up on the thread about a west coast chapter!

ps, get a big property with plenty of parking if possible! :beer:
Your Jeep #3. Hitmoney and Smokey already called about reserving space!

What you gonna be doing over there?
corey d
Back to suit and tie. Manager at the Fairmont Scottsdale.

PS: Don't let the door hit you in the ass!!!:thefinger:
Thanks Luis!:thefinger:

You just lost your parking spot!:D

So Arizona huh? Have you decided to rejoin the hospitality world?
I have. Director of Front Office at the Fairmont.

Best wishes! You will love it out there!
So when are you taking Hit with you?
He (and I) will be working on it!:beer:

#7 ·
ps, get a big property with plenty of parking if possible! :beer:

#9 ·
Moose, congrats on the new opportunity for you and your family. It's great to have met all of you. I have enjoyed all the events that you facilitated attending by getting everyone on the same page, especially Moab, I know my father and son will always remember it.. That's never an easy task. :beer::beer::beer: I know all us south Florida jeepers will miss you. Where will Hitmoney go to get his jeep fixed now?:D

Take Care and learn all those great wheeling spots over there so we can make it a point to drive up and visit.

PS: Don't let the door hit you in the ass!!!:thefinger:

#12 ·
Congrats..I have been wanting to move out west too, probably Colorado. But it is hard to have your family pack up, and leave family and friends. Good luck!

#18 ·
Bastard.
I had already hinted to it here http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27674 :thefinger:

Gonna miss you and "The Fam" for sure.. Jenna has actually been depressed about it. Not me. I am just Jealous as shit!!! I lived in Phoenix back in 1990 for a year. I liked it alot.

I will get out of here too at some point. I want Denver.. but AZ or NV would suite me fine as well.
I did not see that.:thefinger:

See what I can do to cheer up Smurfette. Maybe I will designate one of the villa's the Smurf Villa and fly you guys out for the ribbon cutting!:D

Rather then drive 5 hours to Ocala now you can fly 5 hours to Phoenix!

#24 ·
Dude, congrats on the job, and I hope you have a parking spot for me out there in my travels... We'll need to grab a :beer: when I get there!!! Probably last Fri in Aug for me.
Sorry, there will not be a range included...
Will definitely get beers!

Don't speak so soon about the range. By the time you get there I may already be a member of.......
http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/

It's right next door to the resort. Members get open range time and get guest passes! This place looks posh and has a tactical section! I might be there every night!

Best of luck with your move and the career change, we'll miss you!!!
Pen, I might be calling you soon for a transport quote. Waiting to get the quote from my employers company first and will go from there. Also not sure what vehicle I am going to ship vs. drive.

#30 ·
Thank you guys! :beer:

Next couple of weeks are very exciting but also a bit stressful with a "to-do" list a mile and a half long! Moving was a lot easier when I didn't have a family!

Looking forward to having a beer on my southwestern decor patio after the kids are in school, wife is settled and there is no cardboard in the house!! I will enjoy that, make it a margarita, as I gaze out into my backyard to the sight of Hitmoney's, Smokey's, Rambo's & LBeato's Jeeps.:thefinger:

#38 ·
Ah! So the secret is out.
Congrats on the move and glad you spilled the beans..You know or maybe you don't know that I am not good with secrets:beer::beer:
Jason
Yeah, the word is out! You spend 17 years in a place plus marry a Cuban and you make a few friends and become related to half the city. My phone has been nonstop for three days like I am working a fawkin telethon!! My staff was just informed today so next week the entire South Florida auto scene will be after me. So much for being productive my last few weeks!:D

I am looking forward to seeing it parked out there too. Just a reminder I'm a vodka drinker :grinpimp:
I'm a Rooms guy in the hotel business, sounds like you need to talk to the Food & Beverage guy!:thefinger:

You know my door is always open! Mi casa es su casa.:beer: Bring me some vaca frita!:beer:

#39 ·
Welcome to AZ. You will enjoy 10 months of great wheelin weather and a solid group of guys always planning some sort of Jeepin trip. Make sure you check out the Soutwest section on JKO. Most of us are on there a lot. Here is to your move - :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.