JKOwners Forum banner

Michigan area BS thread

1M views 20K replies 127 participants last post by  BigTB 
#1 ·
I have looked and I don't see one here. I know some of my buddies on JKO like to BS around so I thought I'd put one together. And being that I'm from Canada, it's a stretch calling myself a Michigander, therefore anyone else from the Great Lakes section is welcome to chime in on stuff.
Let's see if we can get it off the ground floor now.

#2,461 ·
That sucks Jamie. Did they forget to center the steering wheel? Kidding.
I haven't a clue, all I know is that the computer reads out that the sensors are thinking the steering wheel is turned 360 degrees. Everything is centered, drives straight, etc.

I battled this same steering sensor/computer whatever during the first 1 year I owned this Jeep. It was a nightmare then to remedy and hopefully this will be solved next week. I am confident Adam and the crew will work it out.

A lot has been replaced within the past 6-9 months, the TIPM (total integrated power module), a 2011 engine running on a 2008 wiring harness and a trans with a Rubicrawler computer module designed for a Rubicon talking to a non rubi computer. I may need a senior programmer to step in. Seriously. :)

It's all good. After seeing the jeep, I realize how much I need to do a complete detail job on it.

#2,463 ·
Question for soft top guys, I picked one up but he didn't have the roll bar brackets. No problem, but what bolt do you need for it. Only place that shows a bolt is qtec

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11132_9148.htm

Can anyone take a look for me and let me know. Thanks.
That looks like the bolt that connects the soft top arms to the bracket. I am guessing you need the bolts to connect the bracket to the roll bar, correct? I can take a look tomorrow.

#2,464 ·
When it comes to sliders, I can only comment on one kind. EVO. bomb proof. Although I have ground some of the powder coat off of them around the back area. Better that than grinding paint off the tub I'd say though.
You can land on them and stand on them. I don't see how they'd do as a pivot on a tree with regard to protecting a mirror though, but to be honest, a pivot point would be well past that of where the mirror is anyway, so they may be useful in that application too.
Everyone has their own likes though and I'm of the opinion that most sliders will serve anyone well.
I typically fold my mirros in when I'm trailing anyways.

If I can get a pivot point off of the slider just past the b-pillar (rear door area), that would be great! :bounce:

#2,465 ·
Watch out boys! We got dem der Canadians on the job! Our logo could look like this:

(In all honesty, I have complete faith that anything Sean draws up will be sweet!!!)
Hold on a minute here.

If you're going to go with a map-based logo like this, I feel it's important to point out that some of us are proud of our ancestrial heritage. I myself would like to see England represented on this map of the Great Lakes region.

I can't speak for Manny, but maybe The Philippines should be on there as well!

:thefinger:

#2,466 ·
#2,471 ·
Ordered lugs, LED lug lights for the spare, a Procal, and Riddler diffs + Lube Lockers from Quadratec this morning (had to do a price match with NR4x4 on the diff/lube lockers).

Already have the Clayton Premium with shocks and steering upgrade.

Only thing stopping me now are tires, wheels, hoist time, and a front drive shaft :yup:

#2,472 ·
I believe the RockSolid sector shaft brace was a good decision. I did drive the jeep a bit yesterday and got a good look at the entire front new set up with ram assist and brace. My steering felt good but just had dash lights on showing a sensor was not happy.
Pics coming soon.

#2,473 · (Edited)
I think it's this. http://www.jeep4x4center.com/screw-tapping-m6x1x20-06503259.html. The other one I posted is for bars I think. I will got look at ace for is one. No way it should cost 5 bucks.
This is what mine looks like. It looks more like 5mm diameter and 3/4 inch or 20mm long. It also looks like it is 24 threads per inch. I need to buy a bolt myself so maybe I'll go out and get this sized while I am at it.

Confirmed. M6x1.0 3/4 inch long. It is T30 torx drive too.

#2,474 ·
Been under the jeep a while now looking at stuff, planning and doing some torque checks. All is good.
Now I'm moving on to swapping out the Diff Fluids. The front is already a Dynatrac cover. PITA - have to remove the cover to swap fluid. Grr.
And I've just installed the rear cover = Dynatrac also - however I can keep stock drain. RTV is drying and I'm putting fluid in after I eat some chow.
Starving.
Then I'll move on to the effed up wheel speed sensor replacement. I've got a we slant to my driveway but it's better than everyone else's in the neighborhood so I'll chock the wheels and make it as stable as possible to pull the front tire and caliper to get this sensor sorted out. I don't have cruise control until this is fixed.
Then, if I get time, I'll try and move the Evap to right above the axle with the jeepswag kit I still haven't used. It hates the position it's in on the RR airtank skid so I have to get the codes to stop. Seems my only choice.

and wow is it a nice day.

pics later.

#2,475 ·
Helped Shedski install his cobra 75 cb radio. Wow that's a nice radio. I should have gotten that instead of my Uniden!

#2,478 ·
green beer and Mexican food!!!

Happy St. Patty's day Great Lakes brethren!

I am decidedly NOT Irish LOL :lol: but I do love beer! Happy St. Patty's day to you Irish (or somewhat-close-to-Irish) folks!

#2,480 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.