JKOwners Forum banner

Heavy bumpers and racks on stock suspension...

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Ndekens 
#1 ·
Hello, im new to jeeps and I have a 12' 4dr Rubicon that has a teraflex spacer leveling kit on it and the stock bfg's.
I really dont want my suspension to go any higher .....or lower but I do want to add a front and rear bumpers, a winch and a gobi rack. My question is will the stock suspension handle this or would it be sagging too much? Are there stock height heavy springs I can get to correct it?

Thanks

#4 ·
Well I guess what I mean by sagging too much would be so much load on the suspension due to the aftermarket accessories that the suspension becomes ineffective or the ride and function of the suspension is more then my wife can handle and she proceeds to let me know about it.....if you know what I mean.

#3 ·
There are usually little stickers that have the spring rate on them on the springs. The higher the numbers the stiffer the spring. My 4 door Jeep had the towing package and came with 18/59 springs. I believe the stiffest you can get are 18 or 19/60s. I honestly dont know how they would have held up as I ran stock bumpers for a long time after I lifted.

#10 ·
Yea so it sounds like your already rolling on Jeep HD springs. If those dont hold up I believe Old Man Emu makes some heavy duty low lift coils if the stock ones dont work out for you.

#8 ·
Looked up the build sheet and it says the springs were swaped out as an option. Also my standard options say i have 3.73 gears but it also has the max tow option does this mean they changed it to 4.10 gears since it was a rubicon? It dosnt specificly say 4.10's as an option but the thing sure feels low geared!

#9 ·
I am not as familiar with the newer model options. However I am pretty sure if you had 4.10s it would be listed on that build sheet somewhere. Of course if you bought it used, it is possible somebody already did a re-gear.

In looking at the 2015 configurator it looks the JKURs with the manual transmission comes with 4.10s and 3.73 for the auto unless you add 4.10s as an option. Not sure if it was like that for the 2102 model year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.