JKOwners Forum banner

A cheaper alternative but how good are Kenda's?

176K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  jkrubitm 
#1 ·
I was recently considering the ol' BF Goodrich MT tires for my next set when I seen a Jeep in a parking lot with a brand I had never heard of. They were called Kenda Klever KM29 M/T's and they looked really aggressive with nice deep, self-cleaning treads. I kind of waited in my Jeep to see if the owner came out so I could get an opinion. He finally did and I struck up a convo with him about the typical stuff like road noise and vibration, etc. He said he used to run the more expensive Duratracs but tried these out since his mountain bike used Kenda tires and were highly rated and loved the looks and feel although he has never been offroad yet. He paid he thinks about $600 for 5!!! He ordered them online but could not remember where. I thanked him and went home to look em up and found it hard to get other reviews. I found a set on eBay for $540 for 4 and an extra one was $140. before I ordered them, I looked at others who bought from this dude and sent them a message asking basically the same thing as the dude I met. 2 responded and confirmed what the other guy said so I decided to get some. By the way, they are shipping them FREE! Hells yeah. anyway, I will update here when they get put on as to how good they really are. I plan to take them on the trails and see whats up. I think they look badass. Anyone else here heard of these?

See less See more
#8 ·
What size did you order? Their website shows LT285/75R16 as the largest they sell with a diameter of 32.8".

#12 ·
So I had them installed yesterday and they look friggin awesome! They ride very well and compared to some friends of mine who run the Nittos and BF Goodrich MT's, mine are so much more quiet. I am very satisified with the quietness of these Kendas. Now, they are obviously a little louder that the standard Wrangler SR-A's but not by much. Even at 70 mph, they were suprisingly quiet. That being said, the only con is my mpg dropping a bit. Now I am averaging 18mpg compared to the 20 I get on the highway. But I knew that would happen anyway. The depth of the treads are astounding too. The penny almost disappears in the tread! As others here have said, Kenda doesn't make a bigger tire YET, but that would also mean major mods in order to go to anything bigger and for most of us, 32" tires are good. Kenda reps told me that they are testing bigger tires and that should make those of you rolling on 35's and 37's happy.

#15 ·
I had that brand of tire on my bike and loved them. Price point and quality were excellent. I don't think we sell them online, but I noticed them on display down at the shop a couple of weeks ago. Nice tread pattern and I was impressed with the thickness of the sidewalls. Will be very interesting seeing what more they bring to the market.

#19 ·
Which size did you get? I just bought the 265/70r17 and cant wait to see how they look. Are they on the small side or do they still look aggressive? Hows the ride and off-road prowess? I'm anxiously anticipating their arrival so any and all information would be great! We might be the only two jeepers running these shoes haha.

#21 ·
Any update on these? How are they holding up? How tall do they measure while on the Jeep? How wide is the tread edge to edge?

#22 ·
Yeah I'm still running them. I probably have 9K on them thus far. Not many issues with them other than slight balancing. When I first put them on, they balanced just fine. However, 7K later, I rotated all 5 myself without re-balancing them and I had a slight vibration but a simple adjustment to the wheel balance on one fixed it. They are super quiet, very good in mud and other off-road situations too. When they come out with 35's, I'm going to those! There are white outlined letters on one side so I just spray painted them with flat black and mounted them with letters facing in.

#25 ·
Dirtymax

I recently purchased Kenda 285-75-16 mud tire. They have been great so far in the rain, mud & road. I'm waiting on the snow. They are much quieter then the old much more expensive tires they replaced. Hope this helps who ever is looking up Kenda tire reviews as I did before my purchase. I'm completely satisfied with mine.

#26 ·
I recently purchased Kenda 285-75-16 mud tire. They have been great so far in the rain, mud & road. I'm waiting on the snow. They are much quieter then the old much more expensive tires they replaced. Hope this helps who ever is looking up Kenda tire reviews as I did before my purchase. I'm completely satisfied with mine.

I know this post is a yr. old, but can you tell me how this tire is doing for you?
how is the wear? and how many miles do you have now on them?
Can you post up a pic of it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.