JKOwners Forum banner

Installed Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cvjoint 
#1 ·
Just installed XRC front and rear bumpers. Install went very easy. I had read somestorries about holes not lining up but these were perfect. Everything bolted right up. Took me about 5 hours doing it by myself. Maybe their QC has gotten better. So far very happy with the looks and feel very solid. Now just need to pick up a winch this week and install the new side guards.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I did my rear myself and I was very thankful that the holes all lined up. What I was not thankful of was the weight. Lifting the rear bumper with one hand and thigh while trying to get the bolts in on the side was something I'd rather not do again.

Keep an eye on rust. My front and rear are rusting at the welds.

#3 · (Edited)
Looks good but the winch install is going to be a bitch with the bumper mounted. I mounted my winch before I installed it on the bumper. Just get someone with little fingers to get the bolts on the winch started and you should be fine. And for the rear bumper. I ended up going with a body lift to get the rear bumper from hitting the rear corner of the passenger side tub. The body flexes when you hit bumps and the the two meet with a awfull noise. I adjusted it every way I could drilled bigger holes in the mounting points and this is the only thing that ended up solving the problem. I wanted a little more lift anyway.

#4 ·
Do you have any rear pics with the body lift? That may be something I will look into. I looked at mine again and it is real close. Looks like its already bumped a few times since there is a chip now. Thanks for the info

#5 ·
I don't have any up close pics but could get you some. Here is one without the body lift. Real close so close I put rubber there so it would not mess the paint on the tub. I went with a Rough Country body lift so it would not hit anymore.

Here is the only pic I have with the body lift installed. No more hitting and just gets the bumper away from the tub. I will have to get you a better pic but just imagine the rear bumper being away from the tub 1.25 with the Rough Country body lift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.