JKOwners Forum banner

08 4dr rubi auto

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Poormanz28 
#1 ·
And 35s. So here it is I have read all threads plotted the Rams with tire speed on the hp and torque curves. But to me the real get is driving it. So those of you who actually own this set up how bad is it really. And is there anyone in the Encinitas or Carlsbad area who would like to meet up and let this old dude drive it. I am about to buy tires in a 315 70 size or maybe BFG ko 2 in a 34. I have done the lift and have the room. But not the budget for gears

So any takers. Thanks.

#2 ·
I have an 11' Rubi and ran 315x70's for almost 6 months with no problems. it would want to keep kicking out of OD when I was driving in places where there were hills but I live in relatively flat Florida...so it was very doable. in fact I am still running the stock 4.10 gears but now have 37" BFG KM2's on it and doing fine. I will say that I do have a set of 5.38's on the way to be installed. you will get by with the 4.10's but would be better off re gearing. you will noticed the biggest difference on the interstate or driving in elevation. if you live where it is relatively flat, you will be fine.

#4 · (Edited)
I ran BFG KM2 35s (actually more like 33.5s) on my 09 JKUR with the stock 4.10s and the combination was wretched. Bear in mind we're at 6000 - 7000 ft altitude with lots of climbing grades. I switched to 4.88s first, which was much better but not as good as 5.13s would have been. I ran them with MTR/K 37s for awhile but upgraded to 5,38s. I'd plan on a regear ASAP.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
I have the very same setup as the OP. '08 JKUR with 117,000 miles on the clock, 2 1/2" TF spring kit, 35x12.50x15" MTR's and stock running gear. I've had the MTR's on since about 85,000 miles and don't find any problems. I live at 8,500 ft. so all my driving is up and down mountain grades. I'll admit it's more gutless than with the stock tires but I just drive accordingly. I also don't feel the need to haul ass everywhere I drive so it makes less difference to me. If you go with the 34" tires you will get used to driving with them. Sorry I'm not close or I'd let you drive mine to get a feel for the larger tires.
Mark.

#6 ·
I had 3.73 gears and it really suxed on the highway. Shifted in and out of 4th gear even after programming. Went to 5.13 gears and drives "normal" now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.