Michigan area BS thread - Page 100 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum  

Go Back   JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes States

JKOwners.com is the premier Jeep JK Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #2476
JeepDad
Granite Guru

Member # 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG006 View Post
I think it's this. http://www.jeep4x4center.com/screw-t...-06503259.html. The other one I posted is for bars I think. I will got look at ace for is one. No way it should cost 5 bucks.
This is what mine looks like. It looks more like 5mm diameter and 3/4 inch or 20mm long. It also looks like it is 24 threads per inch. I need to buy a bolt myself so maybe I'll go out and get this sized while I am at it.

Confirmed. M6x1.0 3/4 inch long. It is T30 torx drive too.

Last edited by JeepDad; 03-17-2012 at 10:41 AM.
JeepDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #2477
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Member # 15684
Garage
Been under the jeep a while now looking at stuff, planning and doing some torque checks. All is good.
Now I'm moving on to swapping out the Diff Fluids. The front is already a Dynatrac cover. PITA - have to remove the cover to swap fluid. Grr.
And I've just installed the rear cover = Dynatrac also - however I can keep stock drain. RTV is drying and I'm putting fluid in after I eat some chow.
Starving.
Then I'll move on to the effed up wheel speed sensor replacement. I've got a we slant to my driveway but it's better than everyone else's in the neighborhood so I'll chock the wheels and make it as stable as possible to pull the front tire and caliper to get this sensor sorted out. I don't have cruise control until this is fixed.
Then, if I get time, I'll try and move the Evap to right above the axle with the jeepswag kit I still haven't used. It hates the position it's in on the RR airtank skid so I have to get the codes to stop. Seems my only choice.

and wow is it a nice day.

pics later.
Apt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #2478
ChryslerChris
Yellow Submarine

Member # 17593
Garage
Helped Shedski install his cobra 75 cb radio. Wow that's a nice radio. I should have gotten that instead of my Uniden!
2011 JK Sport. Detonator Yellow. RC 3.5 Series 2 lift, 35 inch BFG TA K/O's, RC front winch plate and Smitty XRC8 winch, bedlined tub, 5.13's, Aussie front, Truetrac rear, Teraflex Speedbumps... and NO STICKERS!
ChryslerChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #2479
Impostr
JKO Addict!

Member # 19088
green beer and Mexican food!!!

Happy St. Patty's day Great Lakes brethren!

Old 03-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #2480
AgtSunshine
Rock God

Member # 18553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impostr View Post

X2!!!
Complete: 2012 JKU Rubi Manual, Clayton 3.5" Premium, TW Front 1310, Bilstein 5100s, PJ Backbone, Level 8 ZX, GY D'Tracs 315R17, Evo Gussets, F/R CA Skids, ProTek Armor, Riddler Diff Covers, Cobra 29LX w/Firestik, LOD Rear Bumper, ACE Sliders, XK Glow Rock Lights, PSC Brawler Lite, VacPump Relocation, 10" LED, Masterpull Synthetic Line, Warn 'Plant 9500 HP, RCV Front Shafts On Deck: Planned: Synergy Ball Joints
AgtSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #2481
ChryslerChris
Yellow Submarine

Member # 17593
Garage
Quote:

I am decidedly NOT Irish LOL but I do love beer! Happy St. Patty's day to you Irish (or somewhat-close-to-Irish) folks!
2011 JK Sport. Detonator Yellow. RC 3.5 Series 2 lift, 35 inch BFG TA K/O's, RC front winch plate and Smitty XRC8 winch, bedlined tub, 5.13's, Aussie front, Truetrac rear, Teraflex Speedbumps... and NO STICKERS!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #2482
Impostr
JKO Addict!

Member # 19088
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChryslerChris View Post
I am decidedly NOT Irish LOL but I do love beer! Happy St. Patty's day to you Irish (or somewhat-close-to-Irish) folks!
Dude, I could've sworn that you were Irish!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #2483
ChryslerChris
Yellow Submarine

Member # 17593
Garage
Quote:
Dude, I could've sworn that you were Irish!!!
Did my accent or my drinking give me away?? LOL
Old 03-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #2484
EMG006
Boobs and Beer

Member # 6826
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDad View Post

Confirmed. M6x1.0 3/4 inch long. It is T30 torx drive too.
Thank you! Yeah I found that one to be a m6x1x20. So I will pick one up from ACE.

I need the other bolt too for the frame, just saw I lost one some how, but those are apparently harder to find. It looks like the bolt you posted too without the washer looking thing. Qtec wants 5 bones for them. But all said and done will have a soft top for 500, so not bad.

I started early for staint patricks, but with the kiddos I watched myself. Only one Irish car bomb this year, but plenty of Guinness and harp. Hope you have a Greg safe night.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #2485
ChryslerChris
Yellow Submarine

Member # 17593
Garage
Guilty of mall-crawlin today

With a JKU and TJ to keep my rig happy
Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #2486
AgtSunshine
Rock God

Member # 18553
Quote:

LOL...12 Oaks
Complete: 2012 JKU Rubi Manual, Clayton 3.5" Premium, TW Front 1310, Bilstein 5100s, PJ Backbone, Level 8 ZX, GY D'Tracs 315R17, Evo Gussets, F/R CA Skids, ProTek Armor, Riddler Diff Covers, Cobra 29LX w/Firestik, LOD Rear Bumper, ACE Sliders, XK Glow Rock Lights, PSC Brawler Lite, VacPump Relocation, 10" LED, Masterpull Synthetic Line, Warn 'Plant 9500 HP, RCV Front Shafts On Deck: Planned: Synergy Ball Joints
Old 03-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #2487
beedle4
Rock God

Member # 8340
Ripped the hard top and door off the other day. Dam kinda forgot how much I love my JEEP. No matter what when driving it brings a smile to my face.

Went and biked holdridge today too, first real trail ride of the year and it really kicked my ass. HaHa

But with the jeep naked it was a smother ride on the highway since the wind could not blow it around as much. But learned that she tops out just shy of 100mph. I was in hot pursuit of a vet tryin to show off, yeah oddly enough he won. HaHa
beedle4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #2488
Cdash
Rock God

Member # 19140
Quote:

Least you could have done was too park at Sears!! Then you could claim you were looking at tools, although at Macys, you probably were looking at tools (just a different kind of tool).
Cdash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #2489
ChryslerChris
Yellow Submarine

Member # 17593
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
Least you could have done was too park at Sears!! Then you could claim you were looking at tools, although at Macys, you probably were looking at tools (just a different kind of tool).
There's a lot of "talent" at the mall that for sure!

Speaking of tools, saw this in consumer reports today. What a crap publication.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #2490
Jeeps & Guns
Rock God

Member # 8599
Chris

Did you leave any Bundy Hill mud at the mall?
Jeeps & Guns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #2491
Cdash
Rock God

Member # 19140
Quote:
There's a lot of "talent" at the mall that for sure!

Speaking of tools, saw this in consumer reports today. What a crap publication.

It's because it didn't have half doors
Old 03-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #2492
ChryslerChris
Yellow Submarine

Member # 17593
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
It's because it didn't have half doors
Haha! Nice!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #2493
ChryslerChris
Yellow Submarine

Member # 17593
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps & Guns View Post
Chris

Did you leave any Bundy Hill mud at the mall?
Just bits LOL. The majority is still stuck in nooks and crannies waiting for me to go underneath, then it falls into my eyes
Old 03-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #2494
Jeeps & Guns
Rock God

Member # 8599
Quote:
Just bits LOL. The majority is still stuck in nooks and crannies waiting for me to go underneath, then it falls into my eyes
Every time I shut the door some of Bundy Hill falls off the jk. That's after ten bucks at the car wash. I can't imagine the amout stuck in Ryan's Jeep.
Jeeps & Guns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #2495
Impostr
JKO Addict!

Member # 19088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps & Guns View Post
Every time I shut the door some of Bundy Hill falls off the jk. That's after ten bucks at the car wash. I can't imagine the amout stuck in Ryan's Jeep.
Lol, still falling out. Pulling skids this week to clean out more. Pressure washed another hour on Friday, then washed it up so it *appeared* clean.

Kevin helped me pull doors and top off yesterday and did some geocaching and a mine bar crawl .

The took my parents for their first topless/doorless ride today before dinner...smiles all around. Damn, owning a jeep is sweet!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #2496
mark9998
Wheeler

Member # 12033
So I did some mild wheelin today and could hear some metal on metal. I initially just thought it was my driveshaft still rubbing on my skidplate as I havent had a chance yet to get that taken care of, but when I was putting the sway bar links back on noticed this on both the passanger and driver front ujoints:

I cant imagine this has anything to do with how I drive, it must be because I have 53,000 miles on my jeep already! Seriously though, what would cause this, is this normal for u-joints going bad? How long do you usually get out of u-joints? Assuming I will need to replace both of them now. Anyone else know if these may be covered under warranty?
mark9998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #2497
EMG006
Boobs and Beer

Member # 6826
Garage
Quote:
Lol, still falling out. Pulling skids this week to clean out more. Pressure washed another hour on Friday, then washed it up so it *appeared* clean.

Kevin helped me pull doors and top off yesterday and did some geocaching and a mine bar crawl .

The took my parents for their first topless/doorless ride today before dinner...smiles all around. Damn, owning a jeep is sweet!
Awesome! Can't wait to pull my top.

I just ordered my brackets from qtec for the soft top. Need to build a shelf for the hard top, then I will be set.

Finally going to order a cb from right channel. I tried to do it wih amazon but it's pretty much the same price, plus I get a swr.

Got a bunch of other crap too that I "need".
Old 03-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #2498
Cdash
Rock God

Member # 19140
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9998 View Post
So I did some mild wheelin today and could hear some metal on metal. I initially just thought it was my driveshaft still rubbing on my skidplate as I havent had a chance yet to get that taken care of, but when I was putting the sway bar links back on noticed this on both the passanger and driver front ujoints:

I cant imagine this has anything to do with how I drive, it must be because I have 53,000 miles on my jeep already! Seriously though, what would cause this, is this normal for u-joints going bad? How long do you usually get out of u-joints? Assuming I will need to replace both of them now. Anyone else know if these may be covered under warranty?
One of mine was toast at 70k miles. Only way to replace them is to pull the axle shafts, not as bad as it sounds, but plan a day for both. Not sure what your driving, but if it is a rubi, be prepared for serious sticker shock when you buy them. Mopar and Spicer are your only options, and the Spicers are the cheaper ones at $60 each.

Get em fixed before they blow, else you'll be buying new shafts!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #2499
ChryslerChris
Yellow Submarine

Member # 17593
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark9998 View Post

What warranty do you have? Is it lifetime? I would try asking the dealership if it can be covered under warranty first. It's worth the inquiry. If you have to pull your shafts and do it by yourself (don't get any ideas Ryan!), let us know - we can help you!
Old 03-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #2500
AgtSunshine
Rock God

Member # 18553
Quote:
What warranty do you have? Is it lifetime? I would try asking the dealership if it can be covered under warranty first. It's worth the inquiry. If you have to pull your shafts and do it by yourself (don't get any ideas Ryan!), let us know - we can help you!
I got this one :yup:

Sometimes when it gets too sloppy, the only thing you can do is pull your shaft and go it alone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.