JKOwners Forum banner

Rear license plate relocation idea

18K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Crazecodyk 
#1 ·
Since i have the or fab rear corners im hunting a place to relocate my license plate too. I don't like the kits that relocate it through center hole of spare tire...that'd cover up my pretty powdercoated wheels! I have a swing away tire carrier so i have all those bolt holes not being used...was thinking about trying to fab some steel plate to catch the top few center bolt holes and extend up high enuff to clear spare tire..was gonna attach the factory license plate bracket to the bar extending up so i'd still have my license plate light...was gonna extend the wires from where they were to where they need to be and reuse the plug...any input? Comments welcome!

#3 ·
Do you have a tire carrier? Got any pics of what you're working with to help?

Edit: I re-read the OP. You said you had a carrier. But pics would still help

This post has been deleted
#19 ·
Just got her back from local driveshaft place..had an apt that i made last week because i knew they had to order parts. They didn't do squat because they didn't order a darn thing!!!!! Ranging mad...it's like pulling teeth for me to get a day off to do something like this and it was a waste...they told me i could bring it next week and i told them no i'd by a shaft from a real 4x4 place and just install it my damn self! So they did my alignment for free....but they didn't have to even do that...put it on the rack and everything was as good as can be cept for no front driveshaft so i brought her home and ordered a shaft from 4wheel parts. Here's some pics of the license plate relocation i came up with...turned out great in my opinion and serves it's purpose!

Tied back into same wires/plug where original was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.