JKOwners Forum banner

Mygig touchscreen stopped working

21K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  cloud 
#1 ·
Well as the title reads, my touchscreen stopped working about a week ago. Strange thing happened on Saturday, it started working again on it's own. Everything else was working, music playing off the hard drive, all hard buttons worked, Nav knew exactly where I was, ucconnect worked fine, just couldn't use the touch screen. Saturday I get in and everything works as if nothing ever happened.

Anyone else ever experience this?

#2 ·
Every few weeks mine won't play music from any media type. The volume knob doesn't respond and I cannot access the audio controls. If I turn the ignition off and walk away it will start functioning normally after a few minutes. I'm just waiting for it to completely take a shit so I can take it to the dealer and get a new one. It never acts up when it's convenient for me to go to the dealer.

#3 ·
That's been happening to mine for the last 2 years. When that happens I'm still able to enter stuff on the nav though.

#4 · (Edited)
Well as the title reads, my touchscreen stopped working about a week ago. Strange thing happened on Saturday, it started working again on it's own. Everything else was working, music playing off the hard drive, all hard buttons worked, Nav knew exactly where I was, ucconnect worked fine, just couldn't use the touch screen. Saturday I get in and everything works as if nothing ever happened.

Anyone else ever experience this?

Mine does it all the time. Right now the touch screen doesn't work at all. It's been effed up since day one. I was going to have the dealership look at it but I let my warranty expire without realizing I did that. They still might help me out if I ever get in there.

#6 ·
Well after mine finally stopped working all together I had it replaced under waranty. Still does the same thing it used to do, every so often it doesn't work and then it will start working again.

#8 ·
I had a few problems similar to what has been described by many of you on this thread. I had mine (from my 2009 JKU) replaced under warranty but have still had a few issues.

Recently, I purchased a Lock Pick and added a rear back-up camera, requiring that I open the dash up, unplug the Nav and plug everything back in. What I learned from this is that it's very easy to plug in the MyGig, push the unit back into the dash and accidentally force the connection loose. If you have any issues and are handy, I'd stongly recommend you open the dash and check the connection to make sure the rear harness is installed really snug into the back of the MyGig. Then when you put it back into the dash, make sure the slack in the harness is clearly out of the way so the connection is not made loose again when you cram it all back into place.

For an instuctional video on how to get the MyGig out of the dash, go to this website. Just make sure you're careful when you pop the plastic panels off. Use a plastic tool, not a screwdriver like used in the video, to pull the panels. You can buy specially made tools for this at Harbor Frieght for next to nothing.

Since I did this, no troubles! By the way, the lockpick is awesome too. It opens all the features of the MyGig and the back-up camera rocks.

Good luck gents.

#9 ·
Mygig started to crap out on me after work today. Driving home and lower the volume to take a call then all of a sudden the volume woulnt turn back up. Touch screen wasnt working. No buttons worked. Then it shut down completely, went black and wouldn't turn back on. Randomly throuhout the trip it flashed the jeep logo screen and then shut off again. Finally after about 30 min it allowed me to turn it back on, everything worked except AM/FM.

Read some threads on this but nothing really concrete. I'm assuming electronics are covered under bumper to bumper?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.