JKOwners Forum banner

Interior "Squeaking"

14K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  funfred 
#1 ·
As of lately the interior has been "squeaking" ridiculously. I have never taken any of the panels on the b pillar off but they are becoming extremely annoying!!! My JkU is a 2010. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iBrick

#3 ·
Try this checklist

The top bolts on each side of the windshield pillar

Remove freedom panels and make sure the front bolts are tight for the rear piece of the hardtop.(I had a horrible squeak that started two weeks ago and couldn't figure it out. When I started to remove the top this weekend I noticed the passenger side bolt was completely loose. I probably forgot to tighten it the last time I put the top on.

Buy some white lithium grease and apply a light coating to all door latches and strikers.

Let me know how it comes out.

Sent from my iPad on the toilet

#11 ·
squeak from behind dash will be the AC lines coming through the firewall use some zipties to hold it in place to something else under the hood

#13 ·
I had one too,.
The tailgate has a ruber grommet on the drivers side body that fits inside a metal U shape on the tailgate itself. If the u shaped metal piece comes loose, or is misaligned at all, any vibration will cause the rubber grommet to squeak against its metal holder. its reaaaaly anoying but easy to fix.

I gotta fix mine tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.