JKOwners Forum banner

Michigan area BS thread

1M views 20K replies 127 participants last post by  BigTB 
#1 ·
I have looked and I don't see one here. I know some of my buddies on JKO like to BS around so I thought I'd put one together. And being that I'm from Canada, it's a stretch calling myself a Michigander, therefore anyone else from the Great Lakes section is welcome to chime in on stuff.
Let's see if we can get it off the ground floor now.

#3,361 ·
Sure did. Got all the tools too. Easy install. PM Marcus at RCO he has a great price on them.
Brother you just became my new bff, can I use the tools, or even better yet can I use you in the nicest sort of way lol, wrench party, I can drive to your place if thats ok, I'm across the river and it's a bit much to ask you to come here, we could bang them in there if thats alright, I'll bring the beer of coarse. :bounce:

#3,363 ·
Curious about the Dynomax rock crawler exhaust system.
it interferes with my River Raider Air tank/Evap Skid which I'll modify (to get it away from the rear Drive Shaft as well), but the exhaust pipe exiting the muffler to the back of the jeep steals space above my axle which I need for my other air tank I want to install above the axle.
So, do you think it would be a good idea in Canadian regulations to cut the pipe off after the muffler and do a down turn there?
I know that exhausting under the jeep is not a great idea from a safety standpoint especially when idling (which happens a lot wheeling...) but I can live with that. I'd like to know if anyone is aware of any Ontario laws preventing me from doing this.
Had a 69Nova I dumped before the rear axle, the PO PO did not like that much, I think anything after the rear wheel over here Arlin but I don't see why they would even notice, it's not going to be louder and it's tucked between the frame and drive shaft so it dosen't hang down with just a dump.

#3,364 ·
Had a 69Nova I dumped before the rear axle, the PO PO did not like that much, I think anything after the rear wheel over here Arlin but I don't see why they would even notice, it's not going to be louder and it's tucked between the frame and drive shaft so it dosen't hang down with just a dump.
I was thinking more from at emissions test time...

#3,366 ·
Curious about the Dynomax rock crawler exhaust system.
it interferes with my River Raider Air tank/Evap Skid which I'll modify (to get it away from the rear Drive Shaft as well), but the exhaust pipe exiting the muffler to the back of the jeep steals space above my axle which I need for my other air tank I want to install above the axle.
So, do you think it would be a good idea in Canadian regulations to cut the pipe off after the muffler and do a down turn there?
I know that exhausting under the jeep is not a great idea from a safety standpoint especially when idling (which happens a lot wheeling...) but I can live with that. I'd like to know if anyone is aware of any Ontario laws preventing me from doing this.
Gresham used the PJ relocation above rear axle for his evap thus leaving lots of room to hang a massive air tank where the evap was. With a belly skid it's protected. More costly, but a great solution.

#3,367 ·
Brother you just became my new bff, can I use the tools, or even better yet can I use you in the nicest sort of way lol, wrench party, I can drive to your place if thats ok, I'm across the river and it's a bit much to ask you to come here, we could bang them in there if thats alright, I'll bring the beer of coarse. :bounce:
No problem. Hardest part was unseating the hub. If you plan on later down the line doing ball joints or new shafts, I would do it all at once since you have to pull everything.

If Arlin comes across anytime soon, I can pass the tools I used to him too. In the write up section there is a section that explains everything I did.

#3,370 ·
Do they visually inspect? If just obd2, then fix your evap can code and dump pre axle :)

sent via minivan powered JKUR
I hate the evap. I got the gascap light and engine light on from it. I think my homebrew evap fix is failing me now. I did clear it all with my superchips and so far it hasnt come on yet.

I just purchased the dynomax rock crawler muffler from amazon, going to give it a try and see which one like better.

#3,373 ·
Looks beautiful out there, Mr. J! Nice wheeling shots too!

#3,375 ·
Caught a glimpse of the new ACE rig today. Long arms, coilovers, aced out. Now that's a setup!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.