#1 ·
Hello all.

Didn't see a HSV Thread on here, so thought I would start one. :beer:

Anthony here.
Huntsville / Madison area
'07 Steel Blue JKUR
Little bit of lift
35" Nitto MG on stockers
Other goodies from LOD, Daystar, RockHard ...........

Anthony

#3,541 ·
PCM?

Anybody know anything about the PCMs on our Jeeps?
When I turn off the engine, i get a clicking noise under the hood. I also have a check engine light on. The clicking continues, stops, restarts, very erratic. Sounds like a time bomb or a starter.
When I pull off the fuse box lid, I can feel the K5 PCM RLY fuse clicking. Pull it out and it stops. WTF?

#3,543 ·
Anybody know anything about the PCMs on our Jeeps?
When I turn off the engine, i get a clicking noise under the hood. I also have a check engine light on. The clicking continues, stops, restarts, very erratic. Sounds like a time bomb or a starter.
When I pull off the fuse box lid, I can feel the K5 PCM RLY fuse clicking. Pull it out and it stops. WTF?
Thinking now it might be the TIPM instead. Looks like a trip to the dealer.

#3,565 · (Edited)
No word on the Jeep today, gonna be Monday at earliest. I am so over owning one of these things!!!:suicide:

#3,568 ·
I am.

i know some of yall like to wheel iron gap
well
The Alabama DamnLocals are going to do a clean up ride at Iron Gap. We are meeting at the Keith Springs community center at 9am 24th of Mar I think another group (RCRC) are coming in Estill Fork. Just trying to pick up to help keep the trails open to enjoy.
I am in to help clean up. I will mark the 24th on my calendar. :beer:

AMP

#3,567 ·
i know some of yall like to wheel iron gap

well

The Alabama DamnLocals are going to do a clean up ride at Iron Gap. We are meeting at the Keith Springs community center at 9am 24th of Mar I think another group (RCRC) are coming in Estill Fork. Just trying to pick up to help keep the trails open to enjoy.

#3,569 ·
I am down to help clean up.

#3,570 ·
$22 to fix my TIPM. Extended warranty company going to pay for it. :bounce: On backorder though. May not be fixed by the 16th.
Wont pay for the bent track bar, bracket and steering stabilizer.
Does anyone have a stock trackbar laying around they can sell?

#3,577 ·
That is great , that the warranty is going to cover the TIPM.
Let's hope they can get one in and installed before this weekend.
Mine is sitting in the top of garage...but I won't be back till first of April.
I know where you live ................. :thefinger:
When/where are you meeting up with everyone
Nothing is really set in stone yet. Probably try to meet up somewhere on 72 in Madison, kinda early Sat. morning. Say, maybe 6:30~6:45, @ Chick-fil-a across from Lowe's? I don't have a local head-count of who is going yet :cwm13:
I would like to go since I got drunk and missed the last trip :shaking:
Well ........... Come on then!

AMP

#3,578 ·
That is great , that the warranty is going to cover the TIPM.
Let's hope they can get one in and installed before this weekend.

AMP
Will see.
They are going to weld plates on either side of the trackbar bracket to reinforce it with new holes. I ordered a new trackbar from Rustys and a steering stabilizer from Rough Country. The mechanic recommended I stay away from Rough Country track bars as he has seen the bend. Believe it or not, he even told me to stay away from Teraflex. His money was on Rubicon Express or Rustys.
The mechanic, Allen, has a lot of Jeep and offroad knowledge which was good to hear. You dont usually get that at a dealer. I asked him about the auto trans cooler and he recommended adding an additional cooler. Says he has seen several autos overheat when crawling.
Dont know if Ill be back on the road by Saturday. They have a rush on the TIPM, everything else will be fixed.
BTW, he had nothing good to say about the stock BF Goodrich ATs that Chrysler puts on the Jeeps. He sees them cup frequently.

#3,584 ·
Double cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate shake.......... YUM!
Had a good time at lunch today.

Just a friendly reminder: Hawk Pride Off Road Park this Saturday! :bounce:
Get your lazy, no-trail-riding arses off of the couch and join us!

AMP

#3,587 ·
You are welcome to join us! I will be taking it easy (for the most part), since I haven't been to HP yet. So, I don't know the trails yet. I usually wait until my second or third trip somewhere, before trying to break stuff ........... :laughing2:

AMP

#3,588 ·
FYI I talked to Frankie last night who is good friends with the Hawk Pride owners. Frankie seemed to think that the park was going to be closed this weekend. Yall might want to get on the phone and call before yall head over there.

#3,589 ·
Not sure where the disconnect is here.............
I talked to Frankie. He was told that the park wasn't open.........
Looking at the HP website, their calendar shows it is an "Open Offroad" weekend............
Waiting to hear back from the MS crew, as to if they have reserved the park or not..........

If I don't hear back from the MS guys, I may call HP myself and see what they have to say.
Either way, I am getting some dirt on my tires somewhere this weekend ...........

AMP

#3,590 ·
New trackbar frmo Rustys and Steering dampener from Rough Country came from UPS tonight. Now all I need is my Jeep back from the dealer.

#3,592 ·
Call them! Like, every hour, on the hour......... Get your Jeep back before tomorrow!!
The park is OPEN....sorry for the confusion....
No worries, man. Thanks for the heads-up. Woulda sucked to drive all that way, to find out that the park was closed.......... :cwm13:

Since one wheeler is coming from the South-side of HSV, maybe it would be easier to meet up somewhere close to I565. Anyone that is going, how about meeting up at the Krystal's on Madison Blvd, say around 6:30~6:45? I would like to be on the road by 7:00.

AMP

#3,597 ·
I had a good time. Didn't get to see about half of the trails, so definitely want to go back.
We went down a couple of tricky trails, with some mud, off-camber rocks, and trees that tried to rip off fender flares and doors (got some new trail-stripes on the Heep :thankyou: ).
We also took a wrong turn at one point, and ended up on an ATV trail, that was WAY too narrow for a 4-door. :laughing2: It was a good day, though.

We will have to plan another trip there soon. :beer:

AMP

#3,598 ·
A few pics from this weekend

#3,601 ·
Oh yeah, now after this weekend my electronic sway bar will not reconnect so save my life.... I think it might be fubar.

#3,602 ·
uh oh, that was the start of my TIPM problems.

Rotate your electronic sway bar disconnect a littloe,t hats how I got mine to reconnect. guess I had bumped it while wheeling.

#3,610 ·
Yeah, and do you all remember me talking about the PCM in the beginning? I told them to check it from the beginning.

#3,612 ·
:mad: Sucks that you are having so many problems with the "new" JK.
my good friend and owner/webmaster of huntsvillecarscene.com snagged this photo of my JK. Its a damn picture of it. Wish she was cleaner when he took it.
Cool. Was that taken at a racetrack?

AMP

#3,623 ·
as suggested: :)

I have 1 NEW Pro Comp Xterrain M/T 35 12.5 17 for $175

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71837
Good deal on a new (basically new) tire. If I was ready for some new shoes, I would think about this.

AMP's Jeep Tip of the Day #57:
When switching from the hard top to the soft top, make sure that you have all of the hardware, brackets, and surrounds for the soft top BEFORE you remove the hard top. If you donated your roll-bar brackets to a buddy, so that he could use his "new" soft top, and didn't get new ones for yourself, your soft top will not get installed.

AMP

#3,625 ·
Luckily, I just happen to have a bikini top/sun bonnet/half top/whatever the hell its called, so I can run with that for the time being. Works good with my Safari Straps Warrior cargo divider that I won back in Feb.

Side note: Did some shopping around, found the brackets for sale anywhere from $13-$20. Cheapest set, to my door was from Quadratec. So, against my better judgement, I bought them. Soon as I did, I get the confirmation e-mail................... both on back order. I shoulda known better. :flipoff: :(

AMP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.