JKOwners Forum banner

Disney OK 23-25th

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Got Mud 
#1 · (Edited)
Rich Holland was going this weekend (23rd-25th) and I think I'm in. Here are his remarks:

I'm headed down Friday morning. Jack's coming with me, but has math club on Friday mornings at 7:50 for like 30 minutes - I need to find out if he can skip that or if we'll be leaving directly afterward. It's about an hour past Joplin. I can give you a call or text when we're getting ready to leave here if you want. I can come down either US-71 through Joplin, or down US-69 through Pittsburg & Baxter Springs - they're about equal times/distances.

I'm planning to pitch my tent & camp at Rec Area 2, just across the dam, before you get to Little Blue State Park. It's on the left just as you come over the dam, and is right across from the street wheeling area. If the weather turns miserable, we'll probably go into town and stay in the motel, but I'd rather camp if possible.

---> Anyone from here interested? It's about 4 hours so about the same distance as SMORR from KC. I'm off Friday so was planning on heading down that day as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.