JKOwners Forum banner

Has anyone been to Tire Trax Ranch in Rockdale tx?

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  terrahawk 
#1 ·
Just wondering what it has to offer?

#2 ·
Never been.

Is it the Rockdale just east of Dallas around Sulphur Springs off of 30?

...or is it the Rockdale that is north-east of Taylor off of 79?

#5 ·
Tire trax is a about about 100 maybe 200 acres. Mostly dirt trails/MUD, a couple of small dirt climbs. There is a creek bed that I haven't gone through. My friend with his suzuki goes through, it is pretty tight. The owner is really nice. I think it is about 10 to 15 dollars to wheel. If you are close to Rockdale I would check it out, but I wouldn't recommend traveling to wheel the place.

#6 ·
From the pics, it looks like a lot of mud and not much else. May be a cool place to wheel- dunno. I would like to see more challenging stuff or at least some hill climbs, etc. I wish I knew how much acreage and trails they have.

If you guys want a really fun place to wheel, then I REALLY think you would get a kick out of Rusty's here in Bastrop......about 750 acres of woods, steep hill climbs, off-camber, creek-beds, etc. We don't need many Jeeps to be able to go out there, and I know I could get at least 2 or 3 guys here to go with.

If you are interested in a run/ meet & greet out there, just let me know, and we'll get something together. We just need some dry weather for a couple weeks prior, so that it's not too muddy.

#9 ·
I know of Brazos, but haven't been there yet. Rusty's is kind of the same way- when it rains or has been raining, then he won't open, but he has a lot of livestock there and doesn't want the pastures that lead to the trails to turn into a mud-pit

#12 ·
BVORR is ok for one run, maybe 2. But then after twice it is just annoying. It is built on an old gravel pit. So all it really has is a lot of steep hill climbs. There is some wooded area, but the trails thru are not all that great.

Just my opinion... I am not a fan of BVORR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.