JKOwners Forum banner

Can I add power locks and windows to my JK

20K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  cyclepathracing 
#1 ·
If I wanted to go with full doors someday is it possible to add power locks and windows?? :shaking:

#2 ·
Quadratec carries a bolt-in power window kit that works great, and is pretty easy to install.

If you want to do power locks, you'll be better off getting the OEM mopar power door latches instead of the generic power lock regulators. There's very little room in the doors for them, and the angles aren't great for connecting to the latch rods.

#3 ·
He has half doors now. If you buy or trade someone with full power doors, youll have to get the power harness and center console stack bezel with switch. The dealer will also have to flash your computer so that they will work.

#7 ·
I'm definitely gonna do all the work myself! I just don't wanna walk into this blind. I already started calling some dealers and they don't have a clue what I'm trying to do. You would think that jeep dealerships would be used to us messing with our jeeps.

#9 ·
I have an aftermarket remote in my jeep. Its a clifford. The switch I had put in because I would have done it wrong. Mine is a 2007. I'm not sure if the part numbers are the same. Check with mopar-wholesale.com They will be able to help with the harness for the doors. They are not all the same. If you can hold off until the end of Dec I can probably walk you thru it. Please PM me later if interested. Where do you live?

#12 ·
Bump

#13 ·
Any resolution on this? I am about to purchase some full doors with power windows/locks, and I would like to have the wiring done before I pick them up.

I would like to compile a parts list if at all possible. My specs at present:
2008 2dr JK
Factory Half Doors

#14 ·
I had manual door and windows, full doors on my 2 door. I successfully changed them to factory electric door locks and windows, using all factory parts. Not at all cheap, but it can be done. Took me the better part of a day to swap the factory dash harness and a couple hours to change each door.

I put an electric latch in the tailgate and ran wires, but have not hooked it up yet. I can explain why/what still needs to be done.

I have the list of all the parts somewhere.

This was for a 2009.

PM me with your phone number and I will call and explain what is involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.