JKOwners Forum banner

Air bag warning lite and alarm keeps going off

18K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  UNSTUCK 
#1 ·
Any idea why this would happen don't way my airbag going off at highway speeds.

#6 ·
Mine's been doing it for about 6 months now. I've been meaning to replace the clock spring. Last week I got a letter from Jeep stating that the warranty on the clock spring has been extended to 150,000 miles or 10 years. Now I can let the dealer pay for it. :bounce:

#7 · (Edited)
Is that warranty for all year models, all I can find is that they extended it for 07 and 08 model years.test ride was a fail made to the end of my street and ding ding the light is on.Also it don't seem like my pro cal will reset back to stock it won't make the horn honk when I try to reset it.

#18 ·
So, I had my fixed. I was the clock spring. Here's how everything went down....

I must say that it was an great experience.

First off, here's the number: 800-763-8422

Call this # and explain whats going on. You will get a case # and a case manager assigned to you.

They will require that you take it to the dealer and have a diagnostic service done. This will be 100 bucks out of your pocket.

The dealer then talked to my case manager and agreed that it was the clock springs.

Then I talked to the case manager and we agreed that Jeep will cover everything but 100 bucks. I thought this was awesome!!

I had the repair done. The repair + diagnostic was $518.

Next the case manager sent me a link where I would scan in and upload my receipts. I did this and about 10 days later I had a check for $418.

It was a pretty good experience!

#30 ·
Hi guys. I just wanted to update this again. I just purchased an 08 with the light already on. I found this post by RGJk and thought it was great. I followed what he did, but my luck was not so good. I was given a case manager and she (Suzie) talked to the service manager at Hinkley Dodge in Salt Lake City. She then called me back stating that there was no recall or extended warranty for my Jeep. I tried to explain everything that others have done. She said any pay outs are case by case. I guess she just didn't like me. My Jeep was made in Jan of 08 and has 60300 miles on it.
Hinkley did take good care of me though. I called the parts department to get the part so I could do it myself. The part listed at $259. Then they knocked off $50 when i told them I was with RME, a local forum, i.e. "club". I called the service writer (Chad) and asked him what the bill would be for them to do it. He told me the price of the part and the labor was 2 hours at $89 an hour. Then I told him I had the part sitting in will call for $209. He was not happy about that, but said he would do it. So when it was all done, my labor was 1.5 hours. The total bill was $381.00. They also didn't charge me for the "hour" of diagnosing it. If I would have installed the part myself I would have had to pay that hour, so in the end it cost me only about $80 more to have them do it for me. Not to bad.
I didn't win this one, but I don't feel like I lost either. And who knows, maybe some day Jeep will reimburse me like they have done for 07 owners.

#27 ·
I took my 2010 in today, they didn't call it a "recall" but said it would be replaced free of charge. So after dropping it off, and then picking it up 6 hours later, I was told the clock spring was on back order, and I would have to bring it in a few weeks from now. And the dealer is the one who asked me to bring it in today:mad:

#29 ·
I called the number, The Chrysler guy told me it was covered under the X41 extended warranty. I have an 07 4 door. The local dealership was able to verify the warranty and I have scheduled the "inspection". if it is the clock spring that is the problem, THEN they order the part and you have to schedule the install with them when the part comes in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.