Donahoe Racing/Icon Vehicle Dynamics 4" Suspension - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-18-2009, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Donahoe Racing/Icon Vehicle Dynamics 4" Suspension

As promised, here are some pictures. Install went smooth & components seem top notch! The adjustablity without removing the arms made tuning 10x easier than other suspensions I have installed!

It still has at least 3" more droop but I still need to put on the longer sway bar links & stainless brake lines... then I can test it on the trail to see how it flexes!

The ride is amazing, much better than stock! I think it netted me closer to 5" but hard to tell as I had a tera bb & 3/4" spacer in the front + heavy front bumper.

The components consisted of DR/Icon dual rate coils, DR/Icon monotube shocks, extended bump stops, front lower adjustable control arms(heim on one end, johnny joint on the other on all arms), high steer drag link, front track bar relocation bracket, front teraflex monster adjustable track bar, teraflex front sway bar links(not installed yet), rear upper & lower adjustable control arms, rear track bar bracket, DR/Icon rear sway bar links & stainless F&R brakelines. Still have the stock track bar in the rear... not sure an adjustable is needed yet.

Will try to get more pictures when the weather is less shatty!

Let me know what you think... hopefully I can fit 37's.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Wheeler

Thanks for the post-I'm looking at this lift also but can't seem to find much info on it. Any additional info or flex photos would be nice. Your kit came with everything but front upper control arms and adjustable track bars? Are the track bar relocation brackets well designed?
post #3 of 7 Old 01-18-2009, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I'll grab some more flex pics soon for you.

Yeah, you are corect, everything but upper front control arms & track bars.

The brackets are designed very similar to polys from pictures I've seen. they use U-blots to tie to the axle and 2 or 3 other mounting positions besides the stock trackbar bolts. I can't imagine ever having issues with them. I'll grab some pictures for you as it is slim pickings on this lift to find pics anywhere else. Let me know if you want any other specific pics.

Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
post #4 of 7 Old 01-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Wheeler

Some pics of the drag link flip and the rest of the front lift and control arms would be great. I understand that you don't have to use a reamer for the flip. Isn't there some sort of insert with a bolt instead?
post #5 of 7 Old 01-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinoise View Post
I understand that you don't have to use a reamer for the flip.

hey josh , i have a reamer

12 Rubi - Dozher - wifes jeep
04 LJ - nameless to protect the guilty - my jeep
14 Raptor - daily/tow rig
post #6 of 7 Old 01-19-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinoise View Post
Some pics of the drag link flip and the rest of the front lift and control arms would be great. I understand that you don't have to use a reamer for the flip. Isn't there some sort of insert with a bolt instead?
nope, no reamer... it is sleeve setup that mounts a heim joint that seems to work really well. My steering seems much tighter with the heim joint compared to the stock ball in socket joint! Could be the shocks/steering/arms/trackbar or anything else though too.

I'll get you pictures this week so you can see what I mean

Fenders & Rockers -
post #7 of 7 Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdaddy View Post
hey josh , i have a reamer
Your wife would not be amused w/ you talking about her that way Jason! LMAO.

Fenders & Rockers -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode