Finally mounted my LCD Monitor - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-17-2007, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Finally mounted my LCD Monitor

Finally got my Ram mount and installed my little Sony LCD Monitor to the speaker bar! Here's some pics:

Now my son can watch his favorite movies comfortably from his car seat!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'07 Unlimited Sahara Bright Silver: Auto: 4.10: 285/70R/17 BFG ATs: 1.5" Spidertrax: Painted Hardtop: AirRaid CAI: Borla Exhaust: Painted Bezels: LCD Monitor Mod: Mastercraft Grab Handles: Quadratec Center Arm Rest, Rear Seat Grab Handles & Headlight Guards: Mopar Sill, Tail Light Guards & Chrome Fuel Door: Husky Liners: Daystar Dash Top Panel: Bestop Wood Dash Kit: Neoprene Seatcovers: Littleseats.com 3rd Row Jump Seat: 14" Antenna: RealWheels Grill Guard: UConnect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Dang girl you have been busy!

Looks sweet! At first I thought this was installed up front and I was like, who can see past that.

Your son doesn't know how lucky he has it with a mom that shops Home Depot, installs flat panel monitors and drives a Jeep!
post #3 of 11 Old 10-17-2007, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post

Looks sweet! At first I thought this was installed up front and I was like, who can see past that.

Your son doesn't know how lucky he has it with a mom that shops Home Depot, installs flat panel monitors and drives a Jeep!
Aww, thanks Michael That really means alot coming from you! I just love projects and completing them (may it be home and Jeep related stuff)...I love learning new things so keep posting them write ups and sharing tech tips!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'07 Unlimited Sahara Bright Silver: Auto: 4.10: 285/70R/17 BFG ATs: 1.5" Spidertrax: Painted Hardtop: AirRaid CAI: Borla Exhaust: Painted Bezels: LCD Monitor Mod: Mastercraft Grab Handles: Quadratec Center Arm Rest, Rear Seat Grab Handles & Headlight Guards: Mopar Sill, Tail Light Guards & Chrome Fuel Door: Husky Liners: Daystar Dash Top Panel: Bestop Wood Dash Kit: Neoprene Seatcovers: Littleseats.com 3rd Row Jump Seat: 14" Antenna: RealWheels Grill Guard: UConnect
post #4 of 11 Old 10-18-2007, 07:49 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post

i thought the same thing i thought it was up front, looks good,

i had a 13" black and white tv in my room when i was a kid

"The best beer cooler in the world will always be the edge of your favorite river."
post #5 of 11 Old 10-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Wheeler

Sweet !!!! My son has a portable one !! But that would be better cause he wont drop it !!!
post #6 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 06:32 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblehoppertj View Post
Sweet !!!! My son has a portable one !! But that would be better cause he wont drop it !!!
been there, done that 3 or 4 times with 2 daughters.

Also have gone through, or better said, am on my 3rd set of the portable players that you can strap the player on the headrest.

The last couple of pair have the player and monitor together.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Granite Guru

are you playing the movies with the in dash unit?

2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon. Superlift 4", ProComp extreme alloys, 35" MTZ's.

post #8 of 11 Old 10-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Wheeler

Yeah I have the stock Dvd player in the console ..... I might just do that .... I got the wireing diagram down .....

Movies would sound alot better comming from the jeeps sound system ...than the portable player he has right now
post #9 of 11 Old 10-30-2007, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan View Post
are you playing the movies with the in dash unit?
Yes. Also the monitor I got has a second Video IN so we hooked up my son's Leapster L-Max and he plays his educational games (with his headsets on) while I can still listen to my iPod thru the stereo. The best of both worlds!

As for portable units, I'm on my second one already and decided that I was tired of having to lug it in and out of the Jeep and having to strap the darn thing on the headrests. With this set up, the LCD Monitor can just be popped off when not in use (I can take it w/ me in the house or store it in the Jeep out of sight). Much more user friendly!

post #10 of 11 Old 11-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Wheeler

How did you get the dash unit to look like wood?

Both the moniter and dash unit look great though!
post #11 of 11 Old 11-02-2007, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelinWithPride View Post
How did you get the dash unit to look like wood?

Both the moniter and dash unit look great though!
The dash kit is the Bestop TrailMax Dash Overlay in "faux" wood . And thanks for the compliment! I like 'em too!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode