Rear Quarter Cutting - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-19-2017, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Rear Quarter Cutting

Show me yours!

I am to the point of going to need to cut my corner armor and body. would like to see some of your cuts and how you did it.

This one has been some inspiration lately

Keep in mind I cannot comp cut as I do drive on road and keep it mostly legal. WV requires flares and tire coverage. LAME!

so show me what ya got

2008 JKU: continual work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-19-2017, 07:05 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rod17 View Post
Show me yours!

I am to the point of going to need to cut my corner armor and body. would like to see some of your cuts and how you did it.

This one has been some inspiration lately

Keep in mind I cannot comp cut as I do drive on road and keep it mostly legal. WV requires flares and tire coverage. LAME!

so show me what ya got
Do you know which armor combo is on that black JK you posted?

Metal Cloak does make the removable fenders w rear armor. With the rear fenders off (which just take a few allen key bolts), it looks/functions like a comp cut basically.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-19-2017, 07:26 AM
JKO Addict!

Thats basically a comp cut in the photo and if you look at it from the side view it is a huge hole in the side with a lot of space forward of the tire. Looks like about a 8-10" rear stretch on that rig. I can't post photos on this forum but mine can be seen on my build thread on jkfreaks.com I have several photos of the jeep with cuts and body panels removed.

If you can I would cut as much of the side off as you can, like leave only about 4" of the body below the top rail where the top mounts then build some side corners to match your wheel hole. Build some removable fenders so you have the clearance for wheeling if you want. Best if you can do it in 3/16" aluminum to save the weight or you can buy steel blanks from river raider. Add the rub rail like in the photo to get more strength along the side.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-19-2017, 07:39 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Mine is heavily detailed here:

Ole Tink - RCO 2 Door Build

The corners I have are available from Crawler Conceptz now. They have a bit of a lead time, but they are producing them in a 3" and 6" stretch version.

post #5 of 5 Old 04-19-2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Thanks for the info so far guys. Gives me some reading material this evening.

I do have a set of corner armor already. They are original EVO blanks. they have been powder coated already too. I planned to have the rub rain installed and cut the skins to match the tub.

honestly as far as flares I was going to try and massage a set of stock flares (cut to fit) and install with the push in body clips so I can take on and off very easily. (may not be possible but was gonna try)

2008 JKU: continual work in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode