JKOwners Forum banner

Falken Wildpeak MTs and RK 2.5" installed

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  j3ff3ry_j33p 
#1 · (Edited)
So I know everyone has seen a million RK 2.5" lifts, but the Falkens are pretty new and there seems to be a lot of interest in them so I figured I'd post some pics. I love the way they look, when I saw pics online I didn't think they'd be as aggressive looking as they are. For the price at DTD they seemed like a no-brainer. Just driving around a bit they are surprisingly quiet. Really happy with the lift, too, I didn't take any measurements but it's taller than I expected, but I'm pretty light with stock bumpers, etc. right now. Got the lift on in about 4.5 hours minus the front brake lines and still need to install exhaust spacers. Had the advantage of our shop at work and a lift, plus an experienced mechanic helping me.

#11 · (Edited)
update possible?

let's knock on his door and see if he will take a minute to update (A) the photos ( hey, my reply up there that does show an image is of one of OPs original post images that was NOT lost to Photobucket,at least!) and more usefully , (B) the status after a while as-to wear and holding-up , tread cond , etc. Oh, and some images of them !

@FutureJK ? You able to do that?
:jeep2:

edit:
so, maybe OP was a trolling ,1-hit wonder ...
I went and found another forum that has a guy that did some extended time testing and they do not appear to be as resilient on rocks as you'd expect . Look at the chunking after 6k on rock crawling and road use.
Maybe Falken mad them only for mud and used rubber the consistency of ivory soap? Keep in mind this is third word of mouth on a forum, from another forum on the internetz ...but pix don't lie ....wow

No bueno

#12 ·
Damn sorry guys. Haven't spent a lot of time on the forum and didn't see the notification. My tires are holding up fine. The jeep isn't my daily driver, so I've only put around 10k miles on them. Only three trips on them unfortunately but I've been happy with them. So maybe not the best test of the tires but they're holding up. Two other guys with Land Rovers in my club have them as well and seem happy with them.

#13 ·

I got to wheel with @FutureJK this past weekend and bein in line behind his ( awesome) Jeep for better part of 4 hours , I got to see these tires get a serious work out. I also was able to give them the old “squeeze a lug “ test and look ‘em over closely.

I don’t know what batch or set the TJ driver I posted images of where they are being destroyed because the set our OP was runnng were holding up fine, took punishment all day and appeared to work really well in wet , rocky , muddy conditions. No chunking , no cuts and I saw them fold over themselves as a good aired down MT should.
They look like a great tire for anybody researching them for their next set of MTs.

Thanks, dude.

:jeep2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.