JKOwners Forum banner

Kjeeper's build

27K views 143 replies 18 participants last post by  kjeeper10 
#1 ·
Figure id throw this up on here. Not too much more as far as suspension goes. Jeep rides great (when not parked in the driveway) :rofl:

currant build specs
* 2007 jeep JK 2 door Rubicon
* 3.8 engine w/ 4.10 gears
* Superchips tuned running 93 octane
* Sprintbooster
* Ether photoelectric LED headlights
* LED rear backup light bulbs
* Coverking red/black seat covers
* Savvy aluminum half doors (April-Sept)
* Barricade front metal tube fenders/stock trimmed rears

* Rock Krawler 3.5" coils
* Rock Krawler 8 arms cut short in the rear (+ .5 wheelbase -2 pinion angle)
* Rock Krawler rear track bar
* Teraflex rear track bar bracket
* Steer Smarts Yeti tie rod ( pure beef)
* Steer Smarts Yeti top mount drag link (no drill top mount)
* Crown (new) undrilled pass knuckle
* Super lift front track bar
* Synergy ball joints
* Synergy upper frame brace
* Synergy rear swaybar links
* 3" pucks for front bumpstop
* 3" Synergy rear bumpstops
* Synergy front Ext brake lines
* Fox Ats stabilizer W/ 1 5/8 clamp

* Artec truss
* Artec raised Track bar bracket
* Artec front lower control arm skids
* Artec Gussets

* Rancho 5000x shocks
* Rancho/Dynomax exhaust

* EVO rear shackle mounts
* EVO Rock stars

* Rugged Ridge front XHD bumper
* VKS pre runner sliders
* JKS Flex Connects w/ yellow springs
* Instant air supply 15 lbs CO2 tank
* 37x12.5x17 Mtr's
* 17" MB72 wheels

Wish list

* Gears 5.13 or 5.38
* Nitto Graps 37'
* front or front/rear tube fenders brand undecided
* DV8 front fender liners

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Jeep

Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel

* Ten Factory rear axle shafts
* Rugged Ridge soft uppers

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
Reactions: Jeep Momma
#3 ·
#4 ·
One of 2 jeep owners but first to install the new Yeti steering Attenuator by SteerSmarts.
I will follow up after work tomorrow on ride.

Attachments

#6 ·
  1. Looking good, Ken!
  2. :cwm13: . . . only took you a few years to start a build thread on JKO :laughing:
  3. I just wanted to highlight this bit of tech (paint mark):

Putting a dash of paint across a fastener and a fixed reference point is a great way to verify it hasn't moved. Purr-fesh-own-owl! :beer:

Good work Sir! I'm interested to see how the newfangled steering thingamawidget works out for you :bounce:

#7 ·
#10 ·
Reactions: Boosted
#11 · (Edited)
Houston we may have a problem. I had a feeling the Fox ATS may hit the Griffin. My hunch was correct. It just starts to hit the bellow lip About 1/4 before the BS contacts. But even hitting its just barely hitting the rod, not really bending it or putting a lot of pressure on it.

Now the other tire is at ride height so i dont know if clearance will increase with that side drooped?

I may be able to turn the SS in but i have little room there too. If not spaced, the body will hit the bracket turning left.

Time for hydro lol Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Auto part Vehicle
Auto part Muffler Exhaust system Suspension part Automotive exhaust

#12 · (Edited)
Ooh looks like i should install my Nemesis shock mounts. Lose some of that shock shaft showing :eek:

#13 ·
I was able to clear the shock Reservoir by loosening the set screw and turning the whole unit. One issue fixed :) Auto part Pipe Tire Muffler Rim

#14 ·
I might end up just selling the ATS. With the Griffin, she actually drives nicely w/ the ATS set to 0.

#15 ·
#16 ·
Yea guys, the Attenuator makes a nice difference. I realized it most adjusting my FOX ATS down to 0. Matter of F Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive tire Tire
ack shes going bye bye. In place a cheapo whatever SS.

#18 · (Edited)
Not at all offended. Good question and i can answer it.

FOX ATS .. Cant say a total waste. I felt it helped more with the stock steering. W/ better parts, it has less
Of a affect. Its going to be replaced with a cheapo until i go assist.

Yeti... Bad ass shit. Honestly i did not pay jack for it. Not sponsored, 1-3 test jeeps. But i will say the no flop feature built in to the joints is ready for assist. Look at other tie rods that flop around, split the boots and prematurely fail. I can almost guarantee you these joints are one of the best made for a JK.
Drag link installs on top without drilling. No other DL does... Win.

hd Griffin.. Prob going to be pricey. My guess is SteerSmarts won't sell a lot of the Hd Griffin. Im actually surprised how well it works.

The Yeti DL and tie rod cost less then some of the other brands. I sure hope you are upgrading your steering running assist ? Lol
http://steersmarts.com/products/yeti-jk-heavy-duty-steering-linkage

Hope that answers your question

#19 ·
Thanks for the answer. Your situation sounds like a nice gig. I've never really paid much attention to that stuff and believed it to be more gimmicky to seperate them from the others.
I'm still out turning tricks to raise the funds for my hydro but I'm running ruffstuff ends on some d.o.m.

#20 ·
#22 ·
#23 ·
Im thinking about modifying my Nemesis shock mounts to be able to utilize all shock travel. As it stands now i have a little more then 1" of shock shaft showing at full bump (3" bump stop)
The Nemesis brackets raise the mount .5, thinking 3/8 should do it.
Hey, every little bit counts right?

#24 ·
Disregard ^^

Found a RTI ramp on the way back from seeing the old man.

Holy shit, realized at close to full bump i have tons of clearance on top the links, tires, pitman arm. Running 3" bump currently. Thinking 2.5 should work for me.

Auto part Vehicle Car Muffler
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle

#26 ·
Reactions: Ben Gliffin
#27 ·
#29 · (Edited)
Think a puck can be cut in half or
Should i find some plate ?

hm.
I like the challenge of how to accomplish that.
Maybe piano string or wire strung taut & heated between some slingshot /fork contraption that you super heated like a large cheese slicer would work? Otherwise, vice and maybe a sawzall could make it thru a hokey puck but dude; that sh*t is gonna smell horrible , burn it or slice it.

what do ya need, .25" of bump? get a square foot of UMHW from McMaster Carr and cut out 2 discs to mount on top of your existing stack?
<edit: I thought you were supposed to flex with the JKS swaybar links connected?

cheater.
:thefinger:>

#28 ·
#30 ·
#32 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.