Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me - Page 6 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #126 of 235 Old 07-03-2016, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

12,000 miles through the USA, Canada, Belgium, France and Spain has been an amazing preamble. Now it's time for AFRICA.

Ferry tickets in hand

-Dan
kerryp likes this.

Around Africa in a Jeep Wrangler JK @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(previously
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

- Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #127 of 235 Old 07-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Granite Guru

this is an incredible story that i am so pleased to have stumbled upon. as a new JKUR owner, i am happily subscribing to this! what an adventure!
post #128 of 235 Old 07-04-2016, 03:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecy View Post
12,000 miles through the USA, Canada, Belgium, France and Spain has been an amazing preamble. Now it's time for AFRICA.

Ferry tickets in hand

-Dan
Good luck and have a safe journey. Keep us posted on your adventure.

Kevin

post #129 of 235 Old 07-13-2016, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I've driven into Tangier, Morocco.

Finally, the African adventure begins!

My thoughts here: Into Africa. Morocco Begins | The road chose me

-Dan
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

- Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.
post #130 of 235 Old 07-14-2016, 02:46 PM
Wheeler

Very nice! have fun!

15JKWW
2.5" RK X Fact
Toyo/Method
post #131 of 235 Old 08-02-2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hi All,

I've moving through Morocco,

I spent time at the ruins of Volubilis, and then the Fes Market.

Lots of photos and my thoughts on my site: Fes Market | The road chose me

Now I'm heading up into the Atlas Mountains. I'm absolutely loving Morocco so far!

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

post #132 of 235 Old 08-03-2016, 03:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Awesome! And so it begins. Stay away from the hash, you'll never leave.

Keep posting and be safe.

Kevin
post #133 of 235 Old 08-16-2016, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

It's Sahara time!

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

post #134 of 235 Old 08-24-2016, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Here's the latest video update from the road - I'm loving Morocco!

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

Last edited by Grecy; 08-24-2016 at 01:11 PM.
post #135 of 235 Old 08-24-2016, 02:42 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grecy View Post
Hi All,

I've moving through Morocco,

I spent time at the ruins of Volubilis, and then the Fes Market.

Lots of photos and my thoughts on my site: Fes Market | The road chose me

Now I'm heading up into the Atlas Mountains. I'm absolutely loving Morocco so far!

-Dan
i only visited morocco for one day about 12 years ago, but fes market was my favorite memory. the skinned goat heads staring at you and the giant piles of saffron that would have a street value of about $1mm here in the USA. next time i'm bringing a trash bag and buying all of it! enjoy your journey!
post #136 of 235 Old 09-07-2016, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hi All,

I have just driven through an active minefield from Morocco/The Western Sahara into Mauritania.

Full story here: Through A Minefield Into Mauritania | The road chose me

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

post #137 of 235 Old 09-07-2016, 09:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Shit Dan, who hasn't driven through a mine field. I'm kidding. I'd still be cleaning shit out of my pants.

I've been following along on your site, as I'm sure many others are.

Kevin
post #138 of 235 Old 09-16-2016, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Haha, thanks!

Here's how it felt to drive through the minefield.

Definitely my most intense day behind the wheel of a vehicle - much more than The Death Road in Bolivia.

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

post #139 of 235 Old 09-16-2016, 08:29 AM
Rock God

That would be some white knuckle driving. Hell I had the mouse gripped tight.

Glad you made it through.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #140 of 235 Old 09-22-2016, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I have driven into African country #3, Senegal!

And without a Carnet De Passage too, something many people have said is impossible.

Into Senegal without a Carnet | The road chose me

Woah, it's starting to get tropical!

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

post #141 of 235 Old 09-22-2016, 10:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Very, very cool. Keep the updates coming.

Kevin
post #142 of 235 Old 09-23-2016, 09:29 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Thanks for keeping us posted. Stay safe and keep the videos coming!

2010 JK
2.5" RK, 4.56 gears, Detriot Trutracs F/R, Or-Fab front cage, Synergy rear cage, Mastercraft Baja RS seats, and a ton of other mods!
post #143 of 235 Old 09-23-2016, 06:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Pics of Obama's home town please.

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”― Ronald Reagan
post #144 of 235 Old 09-23-2016, 11:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck ron View Post
Pics of Obama's home town please.
That was funny. They probably charge money to see his manger.

Kevin
post #145 of 235 Old 09-27-2016, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hi All,

I'm making my way through Senegal:
Senegal Sights | The Road Chose Me

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

post #146 of 235 Old 09-27-2016, 12:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Very cool. At least your seeing the good parts too and not just the shitholes.

Kevin
post #147 of 235 Old 09-29-2016, 06:41 AM
Rock God

I was thinking about this last night while I was mowing the lawn. Do you know the languages of these countries you are going to or do most speak English over there?

2010 2 door manual sport
post #148 of 235 Old 10-01-2016, 01:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
I was thinking about this last night while I was mowing the lawn. Do you know the languages of these countries you are going to or do most speak English over there?
I know he's heading towards where a lot of Spanish is spoken.

Kevin
post #149 of 235 Old 10-01-2016, 03:39 PM
Granite Guru

Actually, they are most French speaking countries. I don't think Spanish is a major language in Africa.
post #150 of 235 Old 10-03-2016, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
I'm learning French as fast as I can, it's the most widely spoken. A couple of countries on the West coast are Portuguese, none are Spanish.

I also learn a couple of words in the local African language (hi, thanks, yes) and it makes people extremely happy!

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode