Two year circumnaviagtion of Africa in my 2007 JKUR - The Road Chose Me - Page 10 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #226 of 235 Old 05-24-2017, 12:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Elephants!!

Now that is Africa! Oh, and 10 feet behind you when you took that picture was a Lion..............you just didn't see him............cause he wasn't hungry.

Are Hippos' as big as I think they are? I think they're really big.

Nigeria. Just increase your speed as you go through.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 235 Old 05-28-2017, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Elephants!!

Now that is Africa! Oh, and 10 feet behind you when you took that picture was a Lion..............you just didn't see him............cause he wasn't hungry.

Are Hippos' as big as I think they are? I think they're really big.

Nigeria. Just increase your speed as you go through.
There certainly are lions in that park...

Hippos are bigger than you think they are! I have seen many that weigh more than the Jeep! (6,000lbs)

-Dan

Around Africa in a Jeep Wrangler JK @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(previously
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

- Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.
post #228 of 235 Old 05-28-2017, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

After 12,800 miles through 12 countries, the time has come to enter Nigeria!

Starting tomorrow, follow a post every day on The Road Chose Me for the duration of my drive across Nigeria.

I am not certain I will have the ability to update here as I move through, so be sure to follow The Road Chose Me on Facebook so you don't miss an update, or check The road chose me every day!

(You can also sign up for email updates from The Road Chose Me - fill in the form on the top right of screen at The road chose me)

This is one I have been anxious about for many months.

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

- Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

post #229 of 235 Old 05-31-2017, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hi All,

Nigeria is rolling along.

I drove in, through an interesting Immigration post and did not get any paperwork for my Jeep at all.
I really hope that does not become a problem.....
Into Nigeria | The Road Chose Me

On the first day I went through a lot of intense military checkpoints, and had to deal with prices magically going up...
Across Nigeria. Day One. | The Road Chose Me

There are daily updates on The Road Chose Me, and Facebook and Instagram. Don't miss a day as I drive across Nigeria!

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

post #230 of 235 Old 05-31-2017, 04:57 AM
V8 dreams

why didn't you wave the guy on the bike down and assist in aiming his headlight??

2010 Silver JKU
post #231 of 235 Old 06-10-2017, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Hi All,

Ahhhh, I got the website fixed, sorry it's been offline.
When in doubt, turn off code you wrote yourself

For those that missed it, the journey across Nigeria has been amazing, here are a few links to the pages you might not have seen while the site was down:

Moving North to the smallest border of the entire expedition:
Across Nigeria. Day Ten. | The Road Chose Me

(This is the international border!)

Nigeria Ends:
Nigeria Ends | The Road Chose Me

Crossing into Cameroon at a border where the Immigration officer had never seen a single foreigner in his three year posting!
Into Cameroon | The Road Chose Me

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

post #232 of 235 Old 06-12-2017, 01:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Just drive fast through there. You're not missing anything.

Kevin
post #233 of 235 Old 06-13-2017, 05:40 PM
Rock God

Dan,
All that talk of Jolof rice got me wanting some. Found a few recipes online and a little of what I know. Absolutely delicious. I added a bit of heat with red pepper flakes. Response from the family was awesome. Wife said it was my best dish (kind of makes me think I don't cook good though) and my kids are asking for seconds. They are not picky eaters, but usually don't like the spicer dishes.

I can see where you would eat this every time you saw it.

Godspeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 2 door manual sport
post #234 of 235 Old 06-16-2017, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treader View Post
Dan,
All that talk of Jolof rice got me wanting some. Found a few recipes online and a little of what I know. Absolutely delicious. I added a bit of heat with red pepper flakes. Response from the family was awesome. Wife said it was my best dish (kind of makes me think I don't cook good though) and my kids are asking for seconds. They are not picky eaters, but usually don't like the spicer dishes.

I can see where you would eat this every time you saw it.

Godspeed
That's awesome, I didn't even think of making my own. I always have tons of rice... hmmmm, maybe new favourite dinner (I am getting very, very tired of Pasta with whatever vegetables I have...)

I am roaming around the mountainous NorthWest of Cameroon, absolutely loving the lack of humidity and cool nights.
Slowing down is also really nice after the hectic pace of Nigeria.

Stories here:
The Mountains of The Cameroon Ring Road | The Road Chose Me
Cameroon Tea Estates | The Road Chose Me

-Dan

(previously
)
--
Follow:
/
/
/

--

post #235 of 235 Old 06-17-2017, 11:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Zero humidity? You lucky devil!

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode