First run shake down cruise - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-19-2008, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Ipe
Rock God

First run shake down cruise

Hey folks! Its been a while (tooo long a while) since I've been able to post up pics of a run, but the time is right and the time is now!
My JK is clean, pristine, and virginal no longer!

A friend of mine and I ran a medium difficulty trail out in western MA. It was a lot more chewed up than I remember it so the tougher sections were actually much tougher! All in all a really fun day.

Friend took the bypass

More pics to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Rock God

Nice shots! Do you have any problems with the back window hanging open like that while wheeling?? Hummer took the bypass eh?? Well at least he was offroad!!

Lifted by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #3 of 5 Old 05-19-2008, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Ipe
Rock God

Don't think too harsh of him for bypassing. When I had my H3 I did that same rock, just took an easier line. He's not too experienced, and like you said, he's off road and thats the key thing.

I didn't notice any issues at all having the window open. I never heard it clank about or anything like that, but if I were in tighter, more wooded trails I think I'd keep it closed, just to be safe.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Rock God

Great pics Rob! Don't post those "over there". The abuse you would take for wheeling with (god forbid) a Hummer, would be unmerciful. Wish we could have made the trip. Maybe next time.

Holy crap...........500 posts! I gotta get a life.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-20-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Ipe
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum View Post
Great pics Rob! Don't post those "over there". The abuse you would take for wheeling with (god forbid) a Hummer, would be unmerciful. Wish we could have made the trip. Maybe next time.

Holy crap...........500 posts! I gotta get a life.
I wouldn't post "over there" anyway. Eddie would get too butt-hurt that I had unapproved products on my JK.

As for wheeling with Hummers... Well, at least for me its never been about what you wheel, its that you wheel. I like wheeling in mixed company, it adds to the variety and fun. Jeeps, 'Yotas, Land Rovers, Unimogs... it don't matter. Its all gewd!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode